HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2014, 05:21 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix 5 not updating

Hi everyone, I just got phoenix 5 today and it won't update to the current version. I click on the install update thing at the launcher and the screen pops up but the green bar doesn't appear but the download screen just blinks. Any advice will be appreciated thanks.
Themader346 is offline Find More Posts by Themader346
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2014, 07:58 AM
Fly Safe !!
Cape Town
Joined Jul 2007
440 Posts
I just got a new laptop with windows 8.1 and loaded PhoenixV3 - it loaded update V4 and had the same problem as above. Installer window blinks.
On my old laptop win7 it always did all the updates flawlessly up to V5.

Not sure what to do.
porqui is offline Find More Posts by porqui
Old Jul 09, 2014, 11:39 AM
United States, OH, Milford
Joined Apr 2014
7 Posts
The built-in update never works for me, either. I think it is a problem with permissions on the computer or something. I go to the downloads area on the Phoenix website and download the update file. Then click the Advanced button on the splash screen when starting Phoenix. From there install the update.
MarkHLawry is offline Find More Posts by MarkHLawry