SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:25 AM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
ARRGH,
I have a Problem here:

I mixed up my motors and after I reconected them in the right order the fron left motor, is not starting anymore, if i connect it to another pin it is working.
Any other motor, that I connect to pin 2 is not working.
I might have connected the plug wrong so i got ground to 5v and 5V onto signal, for a second.

Ich checked the soldering and the connections: There is 5V present, the ground is properly connected and the connection between the atmega and the pin is OK. I even measure 490Hz on the signal pin. But the signal is pretty messd up on my scope...

So whats wrong here? How can I fix it? :-(. I am flying a quadX

Stuff like this happens if you do not follow the simple rules... first unplug the power then play around :-(

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 12:07 PM
Deutschland
Joined Jul 2011
90 Posts
@warthox: I followed the steps on the link you posted. The led stays on, after connection to the serial port, that could be the problem. I still get no readings, but the connection is established. Any ideas?
flow23 is offline Find More Posts by flow23
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:04 PM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
flyduino problem

I have received flyduino in mid of May and I have got problems very often, this board eat motorsí and escs like kids eat candies!
A few weeks ago my quad was running less and less time on my lipos and in the last flight after 20 seconds on my 5000ma it got slowly on the ground and full throttle did not get it from the ground and with another full lipo same thing!This was after replacing all motors and escs twice!So I ordered spare parts from HK and with these parts I have bought their $ 30 FC and when I received it I tried this FC on the same set up which was unusable with flyduino and at my great surprise my quad had plenty of power!Put back flyduino and jussi ffimu and I canít get quad in the air at full throttle it only get 1 or 2 inches from the ground for a 1 second!So I replaced ffimu with another one(I have bought2 from Jussi) and same thing. Finally I remove flyduino and replace it with a board with promini and bingo it fly rock steady!Always on multiwi 1.7 on both and same pid.All that give me many headaches!What can I do with this ****board?
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:13 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flow23 View Post
@warthox: I followed the steps on the link you posted. The led stays on, after connection to the serial port, that could be the problem. I still get no readings, but the connection is established. Any ideas?
the wmp connection is wrong.
do it this way:

warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Last edited by warthox; Aug 08, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
@ flye, i never heard tihs behaviour nor saw it on the several builds i saw or made myself with it, especially this, it has no "power".
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
@ Jevermeister, the signal pin should be able to take 5V, but you may want to remap you pinout and use a another pin to compare, as its only a quad.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:44 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
@ Jevermeister, the signal pin should be able to take 5V, but you may want to remap you pinout and use a another pin to compare, as its only a quad.
Did it, I tried to remap it to Pin4but it did not work, so is switched pin 2 and seven. It works.

Own stupidity is the worst....

Is there a way to test the output, to see if it is broken?

Nils
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:48 PM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
@ flye, i never heard tihs behaviour nor saw it on the several builds i saw or made myself with it, especially this, it has no "power".
And why do you think It take me a long time to find this trouble!
You seem don't beleive me!
Do you want signed witness paper?
And what do Ido with it?
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
flye, i believe you, but you have to believe me also, i never heard of this beahviour and quite a lot are flying with the Flyduino only thing i can offer atm, try a new one from the next batch, will send you one if you want, but as you may read its a bit problematic to get some atm and will take a bit.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:43 PM
Schweiz, AG, Schneisingen
Joined Mar 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan F. View Post
@warthox
And finaly where do I order Fabios FIMU at varesano.net or at viacopter.eu -
the new freeimu from fabio will be out in two weeks.
i also need a a pair.
rober
robert b is offline Find More Posts by robert b
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:57 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
@warthox

Hey Warthox, my biggest respect for your impressive flying!

Where did you get the new black Hobbywing ESC from?
also at: http://www.giantcod.co.uk/

I realized at the Hobbywing side that they changed the name from Pentium to Fly-Fun and the design from yellow to black - what looks much cooler to the Pirate style of Paul's black boards. So does giantcod.co.uk already ship the black modell?

What diameter has your new quad?

I want to build up myself a new quad to start a carefull attempt in acro flying and for that I'm insecure what parts to choose and appreciate help.

Why do you choose the 20-26m and 8x4.5 props instead of 20-22l and 10x4.5 for a quad?
Is that expainable in few words?

And finaly where do I order Fabios FIMU at varesano.net or at viacopter.eu - can't find a real order possibility.

Thanks and regards

Jan
hey jan,

thanks
i bought them from giantcod.co.uk
but in my last delivery they were yellow again with the black sticker but they still say pentium. i also loved the black color

motor to motor 404mm

i use the 20-26m because they are smaller and good for a small funquad. the 20-22l are bigger and u need min 11x5" props. obviously to big for a small funquad

as far as i know the imu will be available at viacopter.eu
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:02 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
hey jan,

thanks
but in my last delivery they were yellow again with the black sticker but they still say pentium. i also loved the black color

motor to motor 404mm

i use the 20-26m because they are smaller and good for a small funquad. the 20-22l are bigger and u need min 11x5" props. obviously to big for a small funquad

as far as i know the imu will be available at viacopter.eu

Hey Warthox,
if you are form Germany, you can get shrinking tube from Conrad Electronic, i visited our local shop today. In the department called "Haustechnik" they got all kind of stuff we can use, like very small wires for alarm systems and shrinking tubes in every diameter and color, for low cost.

I thougt of shrinking wires and esc and the pilons together in one of them.
I shrinked my breakout boards into transparent tubes today, looks very professional.

Nils
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:25 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
Hey Warthox,
if you are form Germany, you can get shrinking tube from Conrad Electronic, i visited our local shop today. In the department called "Haustechnik" they got all kind of stuff we can use, like very small wires for alarm systems and shrinking tubes in every diameter and color, for low cost.

I thougt of shrinking wires and esc and the pilons together in one of them.
I shrinked my breakout boards into transparent tubes today, looks very professional.

Nils

Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:27 PM
Deutschland, HE, Kassel
Joined Sep 2005
138 Posts
Quote:
Thx Warthox for your reply - just wrote a request to giantcod.co.uk for the colour to make sure I'll get the black one (yes I am a bit crazy )

- background is that hobbywing changed their pentium series ESC to in future (actualy since 28.7.11) Fly-Fun ESC - same technique but different appearal see: http://www.hobbywing.com/english/NewsInfo.asp?id=104

Quote:
Thx again - that makes sense and I'll do the same and as I saw this light combo has for sure enough power and less mass/weight - what might be not the worst idea for my first heading hold/acro experiments

Jan
Jan F. is offline Find More Posts by Jan F.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:41 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
- background is that hobbywing changed their pentium series ESC to in future (actualy since 28.7.11) Fly-Fun ESC - same technique but different appearal see: http://www.hobbywing.com/english/NewsInfo.asp?id=104
n
lol. i still assumed that they are called pentium. after a closer look i can read fentium on some. i never recognized that because they are still called pentium in the shops.

else i dont know what it could be. maybe a bad soldering or maybe its the ftdi adapter. can u try the sparkfun ftdi adapter?
or have u tried the mwc fw 1.7? does that work?
Last edited by warthox; Aug 09, 2011 at 08:09 AM.