HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2004, 06:42 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2003
279 Posts
My himax morot took the big one

What do I do? Yesterday i was flying my sweet looking yak54 at sunset, lost orientation doing low aerobatics and dove straight into the concrete. The motor wont move at all. I know that they will not replace crashed motors but does anyone provide a service to see if it is savable. i am really bumed out and will have to wait til summer to have enough money to get a good one. On the note are any of the other motors stronger

Thanks
jacob is offline Find More Posts by jacob
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:40 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
What motor do you have? You should probably send it back to Maxx Products and see how much they'll charge you to repair it. It'll probably be a lot less than buying a new one.

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Last edited by Jim McPherson; Apr 25, 2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:44 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2003
279 Posts
i have the 2015-4100; it was a great motor.
jacob is offline Find More Posts by jacob
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:54 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob
What do I do? Yesterday i was flying my sweet looking yak54 at sunset, lost orientation doing low aerobatics and dove straight into the concrete. On the note are any of the other motors stronger.
Thanks
I know of no motor that can consistantly withstand a direct dive into the concrete...

j
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:58 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Yup, the only way to get around that is a pusher

Send it back to Maxx Products. You probably bent the shaft and or broke the magnets. They might be able to replace those parts and get it back to you as good as new for a decent price.

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:56 AM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,692 Posts
You could send it back to Maxx Products, but I'm sure you have a shattered rotor magnet. Order a replacement from them for $15+S&H. I got mine in under a week when I busted up one in a Corsair crash.

The repair is easy (just be sure to save the spacers when taking the old shaft/rotor magnet out).

My repaired one now has more than 100 flights at very high RPM without any problem or performance loss.

Darren
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze