HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:35 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
I have both the Sbach & the Yak. It depends on what you think an upgrade is. This plane was a step up for me to learn to fly and it was very easy to do so. I have never crashed it and it was the first I flew its size. Bad thing is that it floats a lot just like the smaller planes and not a true feel for what a balsa plane would do with more weight. It's not all bad and that's the reason I'm investing in the servos and other minor parts to fly it more.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:47 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,460 Posts
I think the EdgeQQ at its current price point is a better deal if you'd like to get into the 280 sized birds, especially if you're looking to put in aftermarket servos and/or a gyro stabilization system.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:47 AM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. Only difference in size interests me because the umx sbach 3d still does what I need ....Just wondering if the difference in size is worth it??
Maximus2975 is offline Find More Posts by Maximus2975
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:05 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Well, "worth it" is in the eyes of the beheader... I mean beholder. I think the price on the EdgeQQ makes it worth it. I fly my Sbach more than any plane I have (although the Pitts S1 has been right along side it now), but the 280 is bigger and faster. Yet, it fits in a small field. It's got more power than the Sbach. If you want to go bigger, this is a cheap way to begin to move up while, at the same time, flying something that is similar to the Sbach in weight and handling.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000