SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:31 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, La Quinta
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Question
align trex 600E or nitro?

Hello all iam a looking at getting a good used heli i have a align trex 450 and i want something bigger and i dont know what to get the 600E or the 600 nitro? iam looking at a nitro for 350 that only needs a remote. Any advice?
Eddie92253 is offline Find More Posts by Eddie92253
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
One of the helis in the fleet must be a nitro. The smell, the sound, the slime and the 9 minutes of pure 3D fun.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:00 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,025 Posts
It's completely preference. I know some that fly both nitro and electric. It's all a matter of what you prefer, as they both have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
At that size I would actually a nitro, not that I have flown one for ages. It just seems much less dangerous to me. I just can't stand the thought of keeping to many higher capacity batteries at home. Moreover, lipos do occasionally catch fire in a heavy crash.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:41 AM
Registered User
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
At that size I would actually a nitro, not that I have flown one for ages. It just seems much less dangerous to me. I just can't stand the thought of keeping to many higher capacity batteries at home. Moreover, lipos do occasionally catch fire in a heavy crash.
most 600s are 12S now so pack size isnt much over 3000mAh
no worse off then a bunch of 500 packs which my 600 and 500 use the same packs

if lipos are treated right they dont just catch on fire on there own
even 700's only use 5000mAh packs at most which is the same size packs a 550 uses

imo pick one power plant type and stick with it im converting my glow plank to e power next now that i have a great charging setup
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
most 600s are 12S now so pack size isnt much over 3000mAh
no worse off then a bunch of 500 packs which my 600 and 500 use the same packs

if lipos are treated right they dont just catch on fire on there own
even 700's only use 5000mAh packs at most which is the same size packs a 550 uses

imo pick one power plant type and stick with it im converting my glow plank to e power next now that i have a great charging setup
Most of us live in small apartments in Hong Kong. There was a freak incident a few years back when a 500 sized heli caught fire after a crash at the disused old airport. A large area of grass was burnt and all model flying there was banned after that.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:52 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Most of us live in small apartments in Hong Kong. There was a freak incident a few years back when a 500 sized heli caught fire after a crash at the disused old airport. A large area of grass was burnt and all model flying there was banned after that.
that was a crash again lipos dont just catch on fire
they are very stable if treated right and not abused

on the other hand a gallon of glow fuel is a MUCH bigger issue in a small apartment then some lipos
the lipos stay in the house all my glow fuel for planks stays out in the shed that crap will light at the drop of a hat and it gives off fumes that can ignite
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Align 600e main bearing blocks Black_heart Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 03, 2013 12:46 PM
Found WTB Align 600E bottom plate Black_heart Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 21, 2013 06:17 PM
Discussion Blade 130x or Align Trex 450 Pro BladeScraper Micro Helis 4 Jan 02, 2013 11:13 AM
Help! trex 600e /trex600 nitro heads ian.c Electric Heli Talk 0 Apr 17, 2012 03:15 PM
Wanted WTT Trex 600e for Nitro of the same size Twister773 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Nov 25, 2009 02:07 AM