HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusby View Post
Yeah, I put some bigger wheels on too. Mostly flying off grass and ther stock ones were pretty small.

I will also be using 4S 2200mAh when I run out of 1800 batteries. There is a 50g difference in weight. The 1800 is well forward, but not all the way forward to get to the CG printed on the wings (CG checked while inverted).

I have some 4S 1300 batteries that I will try if I can get the CG right. It is surprising how much of a difference small weight savings can make depending on what type of flying you are attempting. Loving this plane too.... wish the wind would fck off tho
i actually found quite the opposite with mine, weight gains really helped it be a better sport fly plane, im running a 3s 4500 pack all the way back, and it flies brilliant, and the weight it not noticable during take off, she is up in under 10ft
its the landings where i find it better, with a small 2200 pack it was just far too floaty and did not want to land, just kept bobbing back up with the least little gust, but with the brick of a 4500 pack she had a good glide path as it were, and just comes down rapidly as i decrease throttle, barely have to push any down elevator, whereas before on the 2200 pack i was almost full down elevator to get her to land, then it always ended in a rather bumpy landing
also seems to have Way more power with the larger packs, with my zippy compact 2200 25c packs the prop would spin up and do the job, but never sounded powerful / agressive, but with the 4500 pack it sounds like it wants to tear the prop off, very powerful sounding, and also lots more power when i checked the meter
with the 2200 25c at full throttle i was only producing about 180w of power
on the 4500 at full throttle its well up over 333w so almost double the power just from battery choice - i had no idea it would have such a dramatic effect
also with the big packs i get well over 10mins, possibly 15mins flying time no more 4 ~ 5 mins for me
Scottish_steve75 is online now Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Dec 2013
92 Posts
I understand Steve, it may be better for sport flying with more weight. I got this bird for 3D flying with a lot of below stall stuff where the lighter the better. My packs are all 40c minimum, so discharge is no problem, and with 4s less amps are needed.

One thing, do you find it a bit slow for sport flying on 333w, you would love 4s I am getting 700w on 4s
Lusby is online now Find More Posts by Lusby
Old Today, 02:19 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Without having the plane in front of me I'm having a hard time finding out the largest motor that will fit. I think I may have finally found a suitable 6s motor since I already have a plethora of 6s 1,300mah packs. What do you guys think?
http://www.helidirect.com/t-motor-mn...80-p-31476.hdx
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Today, 05:57 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,017 Posts
Quote:
I understand Steve, it may be better for sport flying with more weight. I got this bird for 3D flying with a lot of below stall stuff where the lighter the better. My packs are all 40c minimum, so discharge is no problem, and with 4s less amps are needed.

One thing, do you find it a bit slow for sport flying on 333w, you would love 4s I am getting 700w on 4s
This is about where my setup is as well and I couldn't imagine flying on anything less. Me likey power, keeps me out of trouble down low.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Today, 07:07 AM
Joined Mar 2014
1,674 Posts
Quote:

yeah exactly i do find it a bit slow for sport flying,but it it almost trainer like in how forgiving it is of my mistakes, so i can live with that
everyone says it uses less amps on 4s, but i found on my tests that both the power And the amps went up, thats what put me off trying any further testing,
on the bench at full throttle on 3s it pulls but not very strong, but on 4s is almost wants to rip out your hands and shoot across the floor, its Much more powerful, but also using much more amps, on 3s its using about 20~30 amps max, on 4s its over 40 amps but also as you say nearly double the power in watts aswell
Old Today, 07:08 AM
Joined Mar 2014
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Without having the plane in front of me I'm having a hard time finding out the largest motor that will fit. I think I may have finally found a suitable 6s motor since I already have a plethora of 6s 1,300mah packs. What do you guys think?
http://www.helidirect.com/t-motor-mn...80-p-31476.hdx
size wise if you get one that has the same dimensions as the E-flite power 25, its a perfect fit , thats what i run, the can is exactly level with the foam with the nose cone on, only downside is, you cant fir the spinner, but i feel it gets better cooling without it, so its a bonus
Old Today, 07:16 AM
Joined Mar 2014
1,674 Posts
Just done a quick test on 4s 2200 65c pack

it now produces 475w at 36A thats with a 13 x 4 prop

i may play about with other props see which one works best in the real world for the pull and time it gives in the air