HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:03 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
I find the Sabre easy to fly inverted but others have said it isn't . Try it and see what you think.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
I find the Sabre easy to fly inverted but others have said it isn't . Try it and see what you think.
Soon as decent weather comes this way!
Inverted flight helps me adjust the cog.
Naturally some planes, like poly dihedral units, just do not like it.
Saber with 30 beeps of down trim may not like being inverted at all either.
Good to know it will do it, thanks Chris
Wamp is online now Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:34 PM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Beauty day here so I got 2 more flights. Only did one battery on the maiden cause I forgot the wire to recharge the anylink bat. 3 minutes is bang on, 20-25% left in stock battery. Really have to throw it downwards on hand launching, or it will pitch up & stall. Put elevator sub trim back to zero, fly's good, but when I tried inverted she headed for the ground, had full elevator on before I had to spin her upright and get back up. Won't be flying inverted. Keep some speed on the turns, and it's great fun to fly, & looks very cool....
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:48 PM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldc View Post
Beauty day here so I got 2 more flights. Only did one battery on the maiden cause I forgot the wire to recharge the anylink bat. 3 minutes is bang on, 20-25% left in stock battery. Really have to throw it downwards on hand launching, or it will pitch up & stall. Put elevator sub trim back to zero, fly's good, but when I tried inverted she headed for the ground, had full elevator on before I had to spin her upright and get back up. Won't be flying inverted. Keep some speed on the turns, and it's great fun to fly, & looks very cool....
sounds nose heavy
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttwister View Post
sounds nose heavy
Yes, seeing Nitrocharge's inverted flight report, he must have the cog
Spot on.
Looks like he does lateral and fore and aft at the same time!
Ugly weather here. Chris
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:06 AM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
I flew my son's Sabre today and have a question for you. About 30 seconds after take off, the motor pulses, as if it has detected low voltage. The battery was freshly balanced. I flew the plane 2 1/2 minutes and landed. The cells still have 3.8 volts in them. The motor continued to pulse every 30 or so seconds during the flight. I flew it on 4 different batteries and all did the same thing. Any ideas what causes this?
jon.moab is offline Find More Posts by jon.moab
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:01 AM
Joined Jun 2012
442 Posts
That is that your loosing signal. Its not the LVC. Try a better antenna position for the anylink and also the RX antenna take it and point it up, there is a grove on the canopy, the pilots seat where it can be bent into.
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:25 AM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.moab View Post
I flew my son's Sabre today and have a question for you. About 30 seconds after take off, the motor pulses, as if it has detected low voltage. The battery was freshly balanced. I flew the plane 2 1/2 minutes and landed. The cells still have 3.8 volts in them. The motor continued to pulse every 30 or so seconds during the flight. I flew it on 4 different batteries and all did the same thing. Any ideas what causes this?
mine does that sometimes in a hard banking turn. it's like it loses signal for a split second, but recovers before it has any effect on flight surfaces. only throtlr is affected.
if you are in cold weather, that may cause it also.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:04 AM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will give this a try. I was flying in 15 degree temps, so yeah, it was cold!
jon.moab is offline Find More Posts by jon.moab
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
Seymour,TN
Joined Feb 2010
251 Posts
what is the best battery for this plane and where can u get them for the best price?
TcCobra13 is offline Find More Posts by TcCobra13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: First quad build
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TcCobra13 View Post
what is the best battery for this plane and where can u get them for the best price?
Ditto question.
Still looking for good air. Chris
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:35 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TcCobra13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamp View Post
Ditto question.
Still looking for good air. Chris
Here's one I like these days, l also use it with my 32" foamy profile plane and my 130x. It requires an adapter for the lousy micro deans plug. rc-connectors.com sells an adapter or you can make one yourself.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:38 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2010
154 Posts
Never mind guys, did some swapping on the ex and got her fixed up

Hey guys just picked up one of these at the hobby shop for $59 with anylink. It was to cheap, I couldn't pass it up even though my th9x isn't compatible with it. Thought they maybe a good excuse to start looking for a good dx6i Ive been wanting any way. Well I got home and was reading the manual and saw that the rtf version comes with the same exact transmitter I have that came with my 3 channel flyzone micro super cub. So that was a nice coincidence for I guess. I got it abound and all the channels working but It has the throttle ailerons on the left stick and the rudder and elevator on the right stick. Is there anyway to change this so it is a regular mode 2 set up?
Tyler83 is online now Find More Posts by Tyler83
Last edited by Tyler83; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:19 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler83 View Post
Never mind guys, did some swapping on the ex and got her fixed up

Hey guys just picked up one of these at the hobby shop for $59 with anylink. It was to cheap, I couldn't pass it up even though my th9x isn't compatible with it. Thought they maybe a good excuse to start looking for a good dx6i Ive been wanting any way. Well I got home and was reading the manual and saw that the rtf version comes with the same exact transmitter I have that came with my 3 channel flyzone micro super cub. So that was a nice coincidence for I guess. I got it abound and all the channels working but It has the throttle ailerons on the left stick and the rudder and elevator on the right stick. Is there anyway to change this so it is a regular mode 2 set up?
Your TX may be compatible after all. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#11009889
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:03 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
For a really direct lipo swap out - the nanotech 260mah lipo is perfect for the job.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged