HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2014, 07:13 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
Well, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
kidagain is offline Find More Posts by kidagain
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2014, 07:35 PM
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Feb 2012
431 Posts
I bought a rochobby waco a few months ago, its been setting on my cabinet in my living room. Yesterday was it will fly or it will die day. I took it out and flew four packs through it and it lived. What a sweetheart of a plane! I definitely see more biplanes in my hangar even if I have to dig post holes with a few to make room.
Low and Slow is offline Find More Posts by Low and Slow
Old Oct 20, 2014, 07:39 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
665 Posts
bipes

I intend to, I have a lot of planes to build and a lot of them can be foam , and I was impressed withthe way foam worked, even though it was not the stuf regularly used, and it was difficult to sand it was a tough plane and if I would've shown patience and waited to go to the regular field, it would have had a better chance.
today I went and bought 5 more sheets, I'll build something simpler quicker and easier sam
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
Old Oct 20, 2014, 08:51 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555 View Post
well another bites the dust, very fast though, could'nt get it trimmed out it rolled and went through a tree, I'll build a simpler one til I get the bugs worked out, I like the foam, and I have 2 kinds to choose from. If i could've gotton it trimmed and back in control it would have been a solid flier
what did ya build
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Oct 20, 2014, 09:36 PM
teaching to learn
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Oct 2013
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low and Slow View Post
I bought a rochobby waco a few months ago, its been setting on my cabinet in my living room. Yesterday was it will fly or it will die day. I took it out and flew four packs through it and it lived. What a sweetheart of a plane! I definitely see more biplanes in my hangar even if I have to dig post holes with a few to make room.
That's the spirit! I figured that with a handle like yours, biplanes would be your bird of choice. Biplanes are as diverse as all of the other planes put together AND they have more wings! Welcome aboard aboard (see x2)

M74
millerr74 is online now Find More Posts by millerr74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my birds
Old Oct 20, 2014, 09:58 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
665 Posts
bipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
what did ya build
it was a great planes sporster I had an original that i converted to electric and I weighed it before I got the motor. with no motor and battery it still weighed over 3 lbs the new foam version weighed 3lbs 2 oz ready to fly, the new plane will be a easier build, til I get some more experience with the foam.
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
Old Oct 21, 2014, 09:45 PM
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Feb 2012
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerr74 View Post
That's the spirit! I figured that with a handle like yours, biplanes would be your bird of choice. Biplanes are as diverse as all of the other planes put together AND they have more wings! Welcome aboard aboard (see x2)

M74
Well my handle could have been Tipstall and Crash they both had the same result with my first plane! That flight lasted about 20 seconds lol. Presto in 20 seconds I made a foam snowball out of a 150 dollar bill woohoo. Now I fly planes like I stole them no more mister nice guy. I wish I had an instructor but I'm over the worst of it, I joined a club and watch others pancake expensive airplanes what a hoot!

I have several planes flying wings and motor gliders. I like them all but none have the cool factor of these bipes at least to me. The way I fly I need to paint the passenger green and issue barf bags lol.
Low and Slow is offline Find More Posts by Low and Slow