HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,190 Posts
Same problem here. No video, just telemetry.
Tried with canon 650d and board camera.
I feel like a beta tester again.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Oct 2007
61 Posts
Got the same problem. Just received my iOSD - Telemetric working but no video. Video work fine without iOSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv4ever View Post
HI

It s problem known by DJI . PLs send us back by letter .
We will send you a new model asap .

Bonjour,

Désolé pour la gene occasioné . Dji nous renvoi des OSD ne présentant pas ce défaut . Sur certaine camera cela ne passe pas .
Nous ne manquerons pas de vous en faire parvenir un , dans les plus brefs délai .

cdlt
Fabien
Fpv4ever
willieprinsloo is offline Find More Posts by willieprinsloo
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
Napoli - Italy
Joined Apr 2010
54 Posts
It work with Gopro Hero 2?
maxdefalco is offline Find More Posts by maxdefalco
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Oct 2007
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdefalco View Post
I'm planning to test the goPro later today.
willieprinsloo is offline Find More Posts by willieprinsloo
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
DJI has just introduced their iOSD for WKM. Right now it does not support Ace-One, WKH or the Naza-M. They did a slick set up video that I am not going to try and replicate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_m_...eature=g-all-u

The set up was quite simple. If you are using a Z15 there is a plug that goes from the Z15 video out to a six pin port on the iOSD. If not, the iOSD just connects to the can bus. The iOSD is switchable between two video sources, V1 & V2. To do this you will need a free 3-position switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IHI8...re=context-gfa

Mine came with the necessary leads to be able to construct a custom cable do this which is a nice feature. If you are using the DJI Video Down Link there is an 8 pin lead that connects to the vTx, if not they supply a connector that will allow you to make your own connection to your vTx. Another nice feature is that if you are using the 2.4gHz Data Link you get 3 can bus connectors on the iOSD. I have the 900mHz which has 2 but the 2.4gHz only has one. Now those users will be able to connect everything.

If you have seen the screen shots of the iOSD or the Ruling the unit that I received was just like them. There is plenty of information displayed. Artificial horizon, height, distance from home, number of satellites, voltage, voltage warning level, video channel, video input, orientation from home point, velocity in m/sec, pitch attitude and roll attitude in degrees, control mode and failsafe mode. The graphics are pretty simple right now but the iOSD has a mini usb port for future updates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMN0A...wBRChZwzCGgEqm

Mine just arrived and after a quick set up I hooked up my video goggles for a quick test. I got the OSD display but no video from my Nex5N. I checked all the connections and after several frustrating hours discovered the connector from the Z15 to the iOSD had the leads reversed. The ground was where the video was supposed to be and visa versa. After I corrected that everything was fine.

Here is the install video for the vTx/vRx combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw3N8eOm4_Y

A few notes about the vTx/vRx combo. It is a 5.8gHz 500mw unit with a cooling fan. You change the channels on the vTx using a three position switch on your RC Tx, the same one that you use to change the video source. The vRx has a button to access the 8 channels. I do not have a 14ch RC Tx only a 9ch, so I ended up using 2 R921's and 2 JR9503's, one for RC control and one for Gimbal control. I am using a total of 16 channels to control all of the functions of the WKM and the Z15 with iOSD. The new 18 ch Dx is starting to look pretty good if you want to attempt a single operator version. I would not attempt it for anything other than the simplest of jobs.

The vTx/vRx frequencies are compatible with Foxtech but not Immersion/FatShark. I think this is unfortunate and I would like to see them offer both versions. I have a diversity ground station that now needs another vRx. Mine came with the optional antennas. These are very cool units with the CP antennas enclosed in a plastic housing. They should be very durable. They look very similar to these: http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=821. If you decide to get the Video Down Link, I would recommend getting the optional antennas or an equivalent antenna. I have switched all my FPV multi's to CP antennas and I am very happy with the result.

Since I am still using my temporary battery mount, Ace Hardware yardstick and 1/4" plpe clamps, I decided to keep it simple and made two more, one to mount the GMU and the other for the iOSD. Yes it is ghetto but it works and the pine in the yardstick is lighter than CF. I will probably do something different in the future, but it works for now. I have attached some pictures of my set up for reference.
Ed I wrote to these guys that sell antennas same as yours. They wrote me: "If your DJI downlink takes 5.8 GHz antennas with SMA connector, then you be able successfully use it." , my question is: SMA connector is the one you have with the dji system?
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:15 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,938 Posts
According to the Manual it has SMA connections. Note this was a preproduction manual and some things may have changed.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:32 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdefalco View Post
Yes, i use it with a gopro hero 2
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:57 AM
France, IdF, Châtenay-Malabry
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
chez FPV4ever ,ils m'en renvoient un nouveau dès qu'ils les recoivent.
J'ai le même problème avec un OSD de chez Flash RC. Je les contacte et posterai leur réponse.
glambert is offline Find More Posts by glambert
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
remember this device is not legal for commercial use in many countries, I hope DJI go to the effort of getting CE FCC IC approval
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
remember this device is not legal for commercial use in many countries, I hope DJI go to the effort of getting CE FCC IC approval
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:52 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
What are you talking about ?
What is "commercial use" for u ?
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Well if you're using the transmitter as part of a commercial operation it needs to be approved by the authorities, which of course depends on the country your in. I can only speak for Canada but I wouldn't be surprised if the rules are the same most places, ham frequency are for amateur use only. I don't know if this is on the ham frequently or not but it would need an ic fcc ce sticker on it to be approved
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Just to help understand the issue this is a note posted here on rc forums about this issue its from an industry Canada officer

The 902 to 928 MHz ISM (Industrial, Scientific and Medical) band is a licence exempt band in Canada as long as the proposed transmitter is certified for use in Canada. Certified devices operating in the 902-928 MHz band are limited to 1 watt or 4 watts E.I.R.P (Effective Isotropic Radiated Power). You may search the Radio Equipment List (REL) to determine if the device has been certified for use in Canada by visiting our web site at http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/sitt/reltel/....do?lang=engAn Amateur Radio Operator with Basic Qualifications may operate in the 902-928 MHz band with an emission bandwidth of up to 12 MHz as long as their radio transmissions do not cause interference nor are protected from interference from stations licensed in other services operating in that band.
Please contact the undersigned if you require any additional information.
Regards,

Although it was talking about the 900 band I think the ism band also applies to 5.8
Hope that's helpful fb
Last edited by flyingbiscuit1; Oct 25, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:34 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,190 Posts
In Australia the licence free power output limit for 5.8GHz is just 25mW.

Reference here for Aussies:
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2011C00543

Specifically: 19A - All transmitters - 5725–5875MHz - 25 mW
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Mt Hutton
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
anyone out there selling the combo unit
joeb56 is offline Find More Posts by joeb56