HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM
Feeding the RC Addiction
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
534 Posts
D-3D Doesn't Disappoint...

... & she flies larger than her size would lead you to believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_steve75 View Post
I am thinking about buying this plane as my next purchase, but need to be sure it ticks all my requirements first:
how well does it handle wind? and i mean strong gusts like 20mph not a light breeze
does it have any weak points that fail?
i can see from the videos it is clearly aerobatic, but with it being only about 1m in wingspan how does it fly?
Handles wind like a plane almost twice its size. Even so, 20 mph is a bit much for most any ship with a 40" WS...

Weak points (for me) were the tail feather linkages & connectors. I replaced mine with stouter Dubro ones & have been very satisfied with their performance. Still flying mine (mostly) stock but using a APC 13x6,5E prop & I did the battery shelf mod. Paint job leaves a lot to be desired but you get what you pay for...

The D-3D does really solid harriers with minimal wing rock. Probably due to the fact it has double wings, Does the nastiest tumbles too, to the point she seems like she'll tear herself to pieces but instead she just keeps on going & going...

She always puts a smile on my face & I wouldn't hesitate to replace her if I ever auger her in & end up turning her into packing peanuts. So far so good...
RCAV8T0R is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
to remove ads between posts