SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:45 PM
Electric foamy flyer
Chandler, Arizona
Joined Apr 2010
306 Posts
Help!
Hitec Optic 6 2.4 Sport Problem

Today my Hitec Optic 6 2.4 Sport radio is acting funny. I Turn Tx on and then Rx on the plane, I get a connection beep from the tx and lights indicate a link. However all the servos shoot in one direction and stop, also the motor makes a few beeps i have never heard. No control surface or motor response. If i go into programing and adjust the Sub Trim of the servos, they respond to the adjustment but still no stick movement response. Also I believe most Program mixes etc... do work.

I have re-Binded the receivers and tried it on different airplanes and my Heli. same problem. Could this be a factor: When i plugged in my 7.2v lipo, I accidently plugged in the polarity backwards, turned it on, quickly turned it off, then fixed it, and thats when the problem started.

What can i do? is my radio fried? can i get a warrenty? Also i did not purchase this radio, i won it in a contest.

Thanks for the help

Daniel
fly Frontier is offline Find More Posts by fly Frontier
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Hitec Optic 6 Sport - Reversed polarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly Frontier View Post
Today my Hitec Optic 6 2.4 Sport radio is acting funny. I Turn Tx on and then Rx on the plane, I get a connection beep from the tx and lights indicate a link. However all the servos shoot in one direction and stop, also the motor makes a few beeps i have never heard. No control surface or motor response. If i go into programing and adjust the Sub Trim of the servos, they respond to the adjustment but still no stick movement response. Also I believe most Program mixes etc... do work.
I have re-Binded the receivers and tried it on different airplanes and my Heli. same problem. Could this be a factor: When i plugged in my 7.2v lipo, I accidently plugged in the polarity backwards, turned it on, quickly turned it off, then fixed it, and thats when the problem started. What can i do? is my radio fried? can i get a warrenty? Also i did not purchase this radio, i won it in a contest. Thanks for the help Daniel
Reverse polarity damage is instant, no second chances nor user fix.
After correcting connector and switching on, damage usually confirmed by both a higher voltage than pack in use
e.g. 2S Lipo will probably show 10.4 V on lieu of 8.1<8.4, and a weaker LCD screen display, especially when viewed at an angle.
Service Form
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

To avoid future errors, suggest copy and insert the sticker shown:
Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic & Prism series TX - Lipo and Field / Fast Charging

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:39 PM
Electric foamy flyer
Chandler, Arizona
Joined Apr 2010
306 Posts
Thank you for your reply. will contact on monday. they were closed today
fly Frontier is offline Find More Posts by fly Frontier
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:14 AM
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined May 2014
1 Posts
having same issue with my optic 6 sport but i did not connect my battery backwards and suggestions????
goodwrrench is offline Find More Posts by goodwrrench
Old Oct 03, 2014, 10:37 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,199 Posts
I would suggest you give us a call to troubleshoot. (858) 748-6948

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry