SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2001, 08:40 PM
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Feb 2001
256 Posts
Adding ailerons to polyhedral, please help.

Hi

I would like to add some ailerons to my polyhedral wing but not sure how to approach this. It is generally not recommended that ailerons add to polyhedral because it defeats the purpose but I was looking at the Elfi with ailerons and it flies well with ailerons. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Al
atsiang is offline Find More Posts by atsiang
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2001, 09:43 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Ailerons with low amounts of poly. work just fine - look at many of the gliders on Hobby Lobby web site with just this arrangement.
It seems the ailerons are usually in the outboard panels.
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jul 07, 2001, 07:47 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
Al,

You didn't say what plane you wanted to do this to. If it is for the DuskStik and you have the polydihedral wing, I don't think it would work well because that wing is so stable. If it is the DuskStik, contact me and we can talk about getting you another wing to experimant with.

Doug
www.mountainmodels.com
CoClimber is offline Find More Posts by CoClimber