HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined Oct 2013
17 Posts
Best I could find

At nitrorcx.com there are many options I have been looking for three months now and could not find anything much better. Almost all the reviews on everything on that website were good I have been looking at the brushless 2.4 ghz exceeded drift star(1/10 size) tons of stuff in your budget. Hope you found this helpful and you get it on time.
F1speed is offline Find More Posts by F1speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1speed View Post
At nitrorcx.com there are many options I have been looking for three months now and could not find anything much better. Almost all the reviews on everything on that website were good I have been looking at the brushless 2.4 ghz exceeded drift star(1/10 size) tons of stuff in your budget. Hope you found this helpful and you get it on time.
Hi Guys,
Just a question, I too am looking at getting into drifting and have been looking at the HSP Flying Fish (Brushless version). I haven't seen any mention of these. Are they in the same class as the brands mentioned?
ShaneJohnstone is offline Find More Posts by ShaneJohnstone
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:35 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneJohnstone View Post
Hi Guys,
Just a question, I too am looking at getting into drifting and have been looking at the HSP Flying Fish (Brushless version). I haven't seen any mention of these. Are they in the same class as the brands mentioned?
HSP is below Tamiya and other brands in my book. I had a 1/18 scale HSP car, it had tons of slop, during battery discharge neutral position of steering changed, so you had to trim the steering every minute, or the car would no longer run straight. Motor overheated all the time. I would not recommend HSP, even though they come cheap.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:37 AM
Joined Sep 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
HSP is below Tamiya and other brands in my book. I had a 1/18 scale HSP car, it had tons of slop, during battery discharge neutral position of steering changed, so you had to trim the steering every minute, or the car would no longer run straight. Motor overheated all the time. I would not recommend HSP, even though they come cheap.
Thanks for the reply, so what are the brands I should consider under $200. Was planing on going brushless.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:48 AM
Joined Sep 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1speed View Post
Sorry another quick question. Have had a look at the Exceed and they look good from what I can see, however can you tell me if the "MadSpeed" and the "Drift Star" are basically the same with just different bodies? For example is one preferable over the other?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:32 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2009
72 Posts
i started with the Losi driftR. got two. sold one turned the other into a lowrider hopper.
now i'm getting back at it. i know what i'm getting next.
losi is a good chassis, sealed belt system and convertible to a rally.
just don't know if they're still on production.
rnst2 is offline Find More Posts by rnst2