HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Another flight report on the 35C 2S 300mAh NanoTechs...I just flew for 5 minutes at varied throttle settings...I put back in the pack 201mAh's...PLENTY of reserve!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:02 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Run them a few more times Kevin. Mine are already starting to puff which is ridiculous...

I'm looking forward to receiving my Dinogy lipo's Mark.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Run them a few more times Kevin. Mine are already starting to puff which is ridiculous...

I'm looking forward to receiving my Dinogy lipo's Mark.
That's not good at all!!!...

My batts aren't even showing a hint of being warm after a hard flight...I have 3 batteries dedicated to the MiG and with 9 flights on them today, each one was only cycled 3 times...I can do endless loops from level flight even 4 minutes into the flight...So far these batts have me Jonesing!!!.........

Are you running your batts in higher amp planes than the MiG???...

Kevin
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:16 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Off topic but: I miss the $1.00 Avgas days ...
I can only afford to get just enough hours to stay current. sad times.

-Brian
Even more off topic...

You guys need to take up gliding!
My personal best is 5hours 15min flying around Scotland off a 6.00 ($10?) winch launch. Good times
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Even more off topic...

You guys need to take up gliding!
My personal best is 5hours 15min flying around Scotland off a 6.00 ($10?) winch launch. Good times
That reminds me of the good thing about gas tanks. They hold enough fuel for the same time aloft as my bladder

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
That reminds me of the good thing about gas tanks. They hold enough fuel for the same time aloft as my bladder

-Brian
Ya gotta get a piddle pack!!!....Fly for HOURS!!!......

Kevin
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:36 AM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
This was my1st edf I bought a few months back, managed a couple of flights straight out the box, then nxt time out it just wouldn't fly, I was chucking it hard into the wind but just kept wobbling and crashing, and its fair to say its had a lot of nose dive crashes and doesn't look to clever at the mo lol I replaced tail section and glued the front end back on and decided to give it another go, have strengthened the rear stab as was too flimsy. Had it up loads of times now and flies great, just not very manoeuvrable as it will stall if not careful and crash, I upgraded to 300 mah bats but not really got any more umpf just an extra minute of flying time, very twitchy this plane and I fly on low rates at 70%

I can fly this really well now so have self taught myself , so now I'm awaiting arrival of my 50mm F-86
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,519 Posts
Have you checked the ducting since the crashes? Wires that are blocking the airflow behind the fan or creases in the nose ducting can both severely reduce thrust.

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:31 AM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Have you checked the ducting since the crashes? Wires that are blocking the airflow behind the fan or creases in the nose ducting can both severely reduce thrust.

Tony
Yeah tony I've made sure no wires are in the way when i glued it back together, the fuselage was in 3 pieces, front and rear snapped off, repaired and still flies like it did when it was 1st out of the box, just not as fast as I'd like but it has been a great learner for me
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,519 Posts
It looks like it just might be the glue making it heavier then
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:24 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Another flight report on the 35C 2S 300mAh NanoTechs...I just flew for 5 minutes at varied throttle settings...I put back in the pack 201mAh's...PLENTY of reserve!!!

Kevin
i ordered my 300's over 3 weeks ago. haven't recieved them, can't even track them down? i usually get my stuff from HK in 2 weeks.?..man...i need some batts !!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:31 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
i ordered my 300's over 3 weeks ago. haven't recieved them, can't even track them down? i usually get my stuff from HK in 2 weeks.?..man...i need some batts !!
I ordered mine on Oct. 16th and just got it yesterday!! Not sure why it took so long..
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
I lost the antenna on my UM 4-site.
Called Horizon and told them it was about 18 months old with hundreds of flights.
They had me send in the old brick and sent me a new brick free of charge.

rc

That is sweet indeed. Well now that I removed the bath caulk I had a few flights, ~3 minutes each, 0 frame losses in the air!

Noticed minor loss 2 on a missed landing when I put the remote close to the ground but that doesn't count.

So if you happen to break your antenna and don't have the excellent horizon hobby support close by, make sure you know how to solder and make a clean joint with a wire as close as possible in thickness and length to the original.
You'll find the right length in the SPMAS6410NBL manual.

Slightly thicker wire won't hurt your signal but a rubber coated wire, silicone or dirty solder joint will.
vadimpelau is offline Find More Posts by vadimpelau
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:

-Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Ya gotta get a piddle pack!!!....Fly for HOURS!!!......

Kevin
Or, grow up flying with my dad! His C180 & C185 had the long-range 84 gal wing tanks & the 24 gal Flint internal tip tanks. With 104 gal of useable fuel, we could stay up for around 7 hrs with a 45-min reserve - and landing just because I had to whiz wasn't an option. (That happened once & dad was not at all happy about it. He made it perfectly clear that I would not be flying with him on longer missions if it happened again.) Just the thought of not being able to fly with him caused me to develop an iron bladder at an early age!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
That is sweet indeed. Well now that I removed the bath caulk I had a few flights, ~3 minutes each, 0 frame losses in the air!

Noticed minor loss 2 on a missed landing when I put the remote close to the ground but that doesn't count.

So if you happen to break your antenna and don't have the excellent horizon hobby support close by, make sure you know how to solder and make a clean joint with a wire as close as possible in thickness and length to the original.
You'll find the right length in the SPMAS6410NBL manual.

Slightly thicker wire won't hurt your signal but a rubber coated wire, silicone or dirty solder joint will.
Hmm---JR/Spektrum RX's and satellites are all plastic coated...As well as Orange RX's/satellites...And guys have been putting heat shrink over them for years to keep the wires straight...

But hey, you tested the plane before and after so it's hard to argue with your results......

Just mentioning this for a good discussion and to learn......

Kevin