SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:57 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
battery durability

There are plenty of stories where people have salvage their birds after some mishap so we know the birds are durable. Here's one for the battery, I came into the office this morning and looked at my v911, then realized I had left the battery in all weekend (or longer). Unplugged it, tested the bird w/ fresh battery, flew fine as expected. Charged the completely discharged battery just for the heck of it, took longer than usual for the stock charger light to go off; plugged in heli and, you guessed it, performed perfectly like nothing happened. But to be on the safe side, I marked that one so I can keep an eye on it in the future.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Confused!

I bought this... (suppose to be the new version heli with the newer battery that has the smaller connector) Am i right or wrong?

Sku # 14002982

http://www.tmart.com/New-Wltoys-V911...e_p160636.html

in the description

"Presently we have two versions of V911. This is the latest one that is different from the previous one. The batteries, landing skids and charger boxes of two versions are different, and the other accessories of two versions are the same. You can click the following photos and select suitable accessories, if necessary."

I also bought 2 of these extra batteries which have the small connector and suppose to be the newer version. and as you see on the first link it's the frequently bought together section..

http://www.tmart.com/New-V911-19-Li-...r_p161583.html

Sku # 14003004

Today I received everything and the helicopter is the older version.. has the bigger battery connector and batteries with the bigger connector.. the box has Sku # 14002982 on it..

The extra batteries I ordered are the newer version..

Soooo.. should I hang on to the heli and just have them replace the batteries or would you all suggest getting the new version of the heli like I suppose to?
BlueDevil is offline Find More Posts by BlueDevil
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:52 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
Confused!

I bought this... (suppose to be the new version heli with the newer battery that has the smaller connector) Am i right or wrong?

Sku # 14002982

http://www.tmart.com/New-Wltoys-V911...e_p160636.html

in the description

"Presently we have two versions of V911. This is the latest one that is different from the previous one. The batteries, landing skids and charger boxes of two versions are different, and the other accessories of two versions are the same. You can click the following photos and select suitable accessories, if necessary."

I also bought 2 of these extra batteries which have the small connector and suppose to be the newer version. and as you see on the first link it's the frequently bought together section..

http://www.tmart.com/New-V911-19-Li-...r_p161583.html

Sku # 14003004

Today I received everything and the helicopter is the older version.. has the bigger battery connector and batteries with the bigger connector.. the box has Sku # 14002982 on it..

The extra batteries I ordered are the newer version..

Soooo.. should I hang on to the heli and just have them replace the batteries or would you all suggest getting the new version of the heli like I suppose to?
So they STILL have not fixed this!!! It is ridiculous!!! I tried to buy a new version heli from them in OCTOBER and they send me the old one twice within a week, despite promising in several emails that it would be taken care of ...

So much about keeping their promises - totally disappointing ... looks very much like a store to avoid in the future for me !!!

And to answer your question, I would just see that I get some batteries ... but thats me (of course, then you will also need the "old style charger" ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:54 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
So they STILL have not fixed this!!! It is ridiculous!!! I tried to buy a new version heli from them in OCTOBER and they send me the old one twice within a week, despite promising in several emails that it would be taken care of ...

So much about keeping their promises - totally disappointing ... looks very much like a store to avoid in the future for me !!!

And to answer your question, I would just see that I get some batteries ... but thats me (of course, then you will also need the "old style charger" ...
well it came with the proper charger in the kit.. just can't charge these new extra batteries i ordered.. I haven't read through all the posts to see if it's worth the effort or if i should just try and swap out the batteries for the old style..
BlueDevil is offline Find More Posts by BlueDevil
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:02 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
well it came with the proper charger in the kit.. just can't charge these new extra batteries i ordered.. I haven't read through all the posts to see if it's worth the effort or if i should just try and swap out the batteries for the old style..
If they sent you the old version RTF, then you have two batteries to play with for the time being. Just let them know of the mistake and ask them to refund the money for the extra batteries (w/o returning the batts since reutrn postage would likely be more than what they're worth).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:37 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
If they sent you the old version RTF, then you have two batteries to play with for the time being. Just let them know of the mistake and ask them to refund the money for the extra batteries (w/o returning the batts since reutrn postage would likely be more than what they're worth).
Yeah Tmart screwed me too. And dont think for a second it's a mistake.. Sent me a shipping label but its hard getting to the post office so just ordered the red one since its in the states.. Watch it show up another old version like happened to you guys.

Anyone want to trade a old for new?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post

Itís no doubt been mentioned before, but I only realised today that the canopy holders on the white and yellow clones are about 4mm longer than on the original V911s.
Are the canopy on those 2 still interchangeable ?
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
So long as doing so doesn't throw off the balance. Others have used tape, etc.
Thanks and noted stone. And thanks for so many info you share with us ..
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Dec 2007
138 Posts
parts breakdown

Hello, I'm looking for a drawing that shows each part and its nomenclature for the v911. I know it exists and I'm tired of looking for it. I'd appretiate a link. Tnx Vince
shortfellow is offline Find More Posts by shortfellow
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:03 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfellow View Post
...a drawing that shows each part and its nomenclature...
Go here and click on the pale orange button to download the official manual:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/E6tl08reu...nual_.pdf.html
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:52 AM
Futaba 9CRAPTOR 90V911V922
United States, CA, Hacienda Heights
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
I just saw on ebay new version of v911 battery. But wanted 300.00 buck of 100 pieces.
SMEGS888 is offline Find More Posts by SMEGS888
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:55 AM
Futaba 9CRAPTOR 90V911V922
United States, CA, Hacienda Heights
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Heres the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300833655566...566%26_rdc%3D1
SMEGS888 is offline Find More Posts by SMEGS888
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:21 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
Are the canopy on those 2 still interchangeable ?
I managed to get the canopy from the original onto the clone and vice versa, but it puts a lot of stress on the rods so I wouldn't recommend it Maybe if I made a couple of new holes it'd work better, but TBH I can't be bothered. Best bet if you break a canopy is just to order the appropriate replacement
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:31 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEGS888 View Post
Why not buy the lot and start selling on E-Bay? I just have old style or I would think about it.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:55 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Why not buy the lot and start selling on E-Bay?
Perhaps soon they will be at 4 for $10 with free shipping.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs