HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:33 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeis View Post
Has anyone ever put on metal upgrade parts. Does it affect the way helicopter flies or anything like that? This is one I ordered have not put it on yet.
http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/28...Set++Blue+.htm
Go back a few pages you'll find your answer or search this thread. I have it installed but with the stock plastic blade holder and stock blades and got 5:24 flight time you notice a slight weight difference but once you get the CNC swash level it hovers and flies great.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:22 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
I bought one of these a VERY long time ago ... and in the end the only part I used was the UPPER part of the swash with the brass center ball ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:25 PM
Registered User
2_Crash_Thumbs's Avatar
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeis View Post
Has anyone ever put on metal upgrade parts. Does it affect the way helicopter flies or anything like that? This is one I ordered have not put it on yet.
http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/28...Set++Blue+.htm
The metal parts are heavier than the plastic parts. These budget heli's have a lot of manufacturing variances and some birds have done poorly handling the extra weight.

Let us know how it goes with the rotor head. I have never seen a true V911 CNC Alloy Metal Upgrade Set as they are all incorrectly claimed to be for the V911 but are actually for the Solo Pro 260a. The swash works very well for a small weight gain.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Go back a few pages you'll find your answer or search this thread. I have it installed but with the stock plastic blade holder and stock blades and got 5:24 flight time you notice a slight weight difference but once you get the CNC swash level it hovers and flies great.
Thanks
Bought a new replacement helicopter, flying them back to back the older one was slower on its response.I was starting to get play in the original plastic Swashplate. Was hoping that the CNC metal one would alleviate this problem for good. I did see that people were NOT having any issues with the CNC Swashplate. Did not see if it would solve my problem or not.
Ssleeis is offline Find More Posts by Ssleeis
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:40 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
Those tail struts and tail horizontal fin look like they came of a S107 or similar. Am I right?
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:02 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Flysky ct6b transmitter issue.
Tried this, worked however I can't throttle up at all. I get movement with the right stick. Any ideas?
You need to hook it to the pc and reprogram it, I use the er9x so not sure how to set up yours.

Ok, think I may have bit off more than I can chew. NEver did the reprogramming thing so I downloaded the T6config, no clue as to set the settings. Watched several videos and configed them to what I thought was fairly close to the vids and still no throttle.
Is there a standard setting for the v911's or are they all different?
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:07 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Flysky ct6b transmitter issue.
Tried this, worked however I can't throttle up at all. I get movement with the right stick. Any ideas?
You need to hook it to the pc and reprogram it, I use the er9x so not sure how to set up yours.

Ok, think I may have bit off more than I can chew. NEver did the reprogramming thing so I downloaded the T6config, no clue as to set the settings. Watched several videos and configed them to what I thought was fairly close to the vids and still no throttle.
Is there a standard setting for the v911's or are they all different?
check gordonzo's posts - I think he has this TX and posted somewhere how to set it up and what for (probably even on his blog, I dont exactly remember ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:14 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
I read y911s are more slugish but precise indoors . I like the looks of the red & blue helis the best.When upgrading to fisheye squash and carbon shaft on true v911 , will it be the best of both worlds ? I was going to build some paddle flybars for outdoors and wondering to use fisheye or stock squash. From what i've read the helios is no way slowed by it's fisheye squash . I ordered some motors from the helios as well.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:29 PM
Registered User
2_Crash_Thumbs's Avatar
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeis View Post
Thanks
Bought a new replacement helicopter, flying them back to back the older one was slower on its response.I was starting to get play in the original plastic Swashplate. Was hoping that the CNC metal one would alleviate this problem for good. I did see that people were NOT having any issues with the CNC Swashplate. Did not see if it would solve my problem or not.
My first thought is that "slower on its response" could be aging of the main motor in which case adding weight will worsen the problem.

My second thought about "slower on its response" is about the sloppy design/manufacturing toleances of our budget birds. The movement of the blades is controlled by the mixer arm inputs. The balance bar is connected to one end of the mixer and the pilot input is connected to the other. The balance bar is connected to the mixer through 2 ball joints. There are many more mechanical joints connectong the servo potentiometer to the mixer. There is 1 mechanical joint inside the servo and 5 mechanical joints on the trip up to the mixer. Another "gotcha" is the difference in the slop between the paired linkages from the swash turntable to the mixer and the balance bar to the mixer. If all the loosest joints are on the same side then it shake-shake-shake time.

Bottom line is check everything and then possibly swap some parts.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:33 PM
Bvc
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Those tail struts and tail horizontal fin look like they came of a S107 or similar. Am I right?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post23990077

"Syma 107 tail support rods"
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:34 PM
Registered User
2_Crash_Thumbs's Avatar
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
...paddle flybars for outdoors...
Changing to paddle shaped weights on the balance bar can have an aerodynamic improvement but it won't be a flybar control system.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:35 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Flysky ct6b transmitter issue.
Tried this, worked however I can't throttle up at all. I get movement with the right stick. Any ideas?
You need to hook it to the pc and reprogram it, I use the er9x so not sure how to set up yours.

Ok, think I may have bit off more than I can chew. NEver did the reprogramming thing so I downloaded the T6config, no clue as to set the settings. Watched several videos and configed them to what I thought was fairly close to the vids and still no throttle.
Is there a standard setting for the v911's or are they all different?
check gordonzo's posts - I think he has this TX and posted somewhere how to set it up and what for (probably even on his blog, I dont exactly remember ...)

actually found Ribbles original post and pretty much used his settings,http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6240
binded it, flew it, didn't like the throttle settings so I altered it to something else and everythign is A-OK. Sure is nice to get excited, frustrated, upset, excited again and finally, success with a headache!
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:08 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
Hit N Run's Avatar
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,781 Posts
So.... After having 100 crashes that did nothing to this awesome little heli.... my number was up! Since my last crash, I get normal tail response but the main motor wouldn't turn at all. Then I gave it a little spin by hand and it would start to gain RPM but only about half that of normal full throttle. Also, ONLY when I have the throttle up and things are spinning, I can see the servo arms jittering slightly.

So what do you think guys? My board is toast? Or could it be something else?

I was thinking the main motor might have died, but it was working as well as it did the day I bought it and showed NO signs of wear and tear. Suddenly having servo jitters while I throttle up not leads me towards the receiver board being the problem. I mean.... these things can only take so much abuse before they fail.

I'm open to suggestions.... Meanwhile i'm going to take a look through the first page of this thread and see if I can find some info on similar cases like this.

Parts are pretty cheap so i'll probably just buy a couple of everything so i'm good to go when or if this happens again down the road.
Hit N Run is offline Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:40 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
So.... After having 100 crashes that did nothing to this awesome little heli.... my number was up! Since my last crash, I get normal tail response but the main motor wouldn't turn at all. Then I gave it a little spin by hand and it would start to gain RPM but only about half that of normal full throttle. Also, ONLY when I have the throttle up and things are spinning, I can see the servo arms jittering slightly.

So what do you think guys? My board is toast? Or could it be something else?

I was thinking the main motor might have died, but it was working as well as it did the day I bought it and showed NO signs of wear and tear. Suddenly having servo jitters while I throttle up not leads me towards the receiver board being the problem. I mean.... these things can only take so much abuse before they fail.

I'm open to suggestions.... Meanwhile i'm going to take a look through the first page of this thread and see if I can find some info on similar cases like this.

Parts are pretty cheap so i'll probably just buy a couple of everything so i'm good to go when or if this happens again down the road.
Sounds like the main motor is pulling too much power. you can try a bit of sewing machine oil see if it get better but sounds like new motor is in order. Heard the helios main have a bit more power for outside and cheaper.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:34 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
Hit N Run's Avatar
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Sounds like the main motor is pulling too much power. you can try a bit of sewing machine oil see if it get better but sounds like new motor is in order. Heard the helios main have a bit more power for outside and cheaper.
Thanks 153stars, i'll order the main and tail motor set that I saw on amazon.com for $8.90 ($9.89 with shipping) Unless they are cheaper somewhere else??
Hit N Run is offline Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM