HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:17 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Hi,I think some customers who bought stuff(rangelink or others) from me after 2011-12-10, still wait your parcel, pls wait or try contact EMS service... sorry for this.

and now i will start use the DHL, it cost a little more but it safely and quickly.


Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:55 AM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Hi,I think some customers who bought stuff(rangelink or others) from me after 2011-12-10, still wait your parcel, pls wait or try contact EMS service... sorry for this.

and now i will start use the DHL, it cost a little more but it safely and quickly.


Sid
DHL is definitely much better...good choice
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 07:34 AM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
free, even just buy rangelink tx. when i get your rx ,and then i will send it.
"pay the shipping cost" that means you need pay the shipping cost from u place to china.


Sid
Sid,

Just to be sure, I don't want to send you my v1 receivers before I have the RangeLink here operational as otherwise I could not fly in between.

Provided I would send you the v1 receivers AFTER having bought and received the RangeLink, would you still pay the postage from your place to Switzerland for the two upgraded receivers by yourself?

English is not my native language nor yours, that's why I want to be 100% sure we don't misunderstand each other.

TIA,

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 07:44 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Sid,

Just to be sure, I don't want to send you my v1 receivers before I have the RangeLink here operational as otherwise I could not fly in between.

Provided I would send you the v1 receivers AFTER having bought and received the RangeLink, would you still pay the postage from your place to Switzerland for the two upgraded receivers by yourself?

English is not my native language nor yours, that's why I want to be 100% sure we don't misunderstand each other.

TIA,

Markus
Just to be sure, I don't want to send you my v1 receivers before I have the RangeLink here operational as otherwise I could not fly in between.
>haha,i knew you have other LRS.

Provided I would send you the v1 receivers AFTER having bought and received the RangeLink, would you still pay the postage from your place to Switzerland for the two upgraded receivers by yourself?
>Ok, but i will use the China Post.

English is not my native language nor yours, that's why I want to be 100% sure we don't misunderstand each other.
>no, u good at english.


Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:05 AM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
haha,i knew you have other LRS.
Yes, but you know what? My two FPV planes have the chainlink built in, and I have good reasons for it to be like this. If RangeLink does what I belive it does, the other system (I'm sure you know which one I mean) will be up for sale asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Provided I would send you the v1 receivers AFTER having bought and received the RangeLink, would you still pay the postage from your place to Switzerland for the two upgraded receivers by yourself?
>Ok, but i will use the China Post.
Great! China Post does not matter as then I have two recivers here working and as such there's no rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
English is not my native language nor yours, that's why I want to be 100% sure we don't misunderstand each other.
>no, u good at english.
Thanks for the flowers, but even then missunderstandings are sometimes possible. I soon will order, but I try to convince a friend of mine to also change to RangeLink. I will contact you probably early next week.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Italy
Joined Jun 2010
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Ok,thanks, i will do it,

I need to make all rangelink user happy...

Sid
Thanks Sid!
Hope you can release the update soon!
jhoexp is offline Find More Posts by jhoexp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:19 AM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Hi,I think some customers who bought stuff(rangelink or others) from me after 2011-12-10, still wait your parcel, pls wait or try contact EMS service... sorry for this.

and now i will start use the DHL, it cost a little more but it safely and quickly.


Sid


Yes,i'm one of those. i ordered a RL desember 16. On the tracking it says it left china the 17th. hope it shows up soon.
Bauf is offline Find More Posts by Bauf
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Sid,

Just to be sure, I don't want to send you my v1 receivers before I have the RangeLink here operational as otherwise I could not fly in between.

Provided I would send you the v1 receivers AFTER having bought and received the RangeLink, would you still pay the postage from your place to Switzerland for the two upgraded receivers by yourself?

English is not my native language nor yours, that's why I want to be 100% sure we don't misunderstand each other.

TIA,

Markus
Markus,

WHich update are you reffering to ? is Sid updating CL Rx's to RL specs or something ?
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:08 PM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
Markus,

WHich update are you reffering to ? is Sid updating CL Rx's to RL specs or something ?
Yes. The V2 CL rx can be upgraded using the TTL programming cable. The v1 rx (as I have) must be sent to sid for the upgrade. The CL tx unit - at least that's my understanding - can't be upgraded.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:13 PM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
719 Posts
10 Channels Tx

Hi Sid,
I am still not sure. Sorry for asking again. Which Radio Tx will provide 10 Ch to RL Tx>>>RL Rx. I really would like to have 10 Ch available to the airplane. In my previous post, it looks like you said Turnigy 9X but I see forums say only 8 Ch like all the rest. Thank you. If this is not successful, I will have girlfriend translate to Mandarin.
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:22 PM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
Hi Sid,
I am still not sure. Sorry for asking again. Which Radio Tx will provide 10 Ch to RL Tx>>>RL Rx. I really would like to have 10 Ch available to the airplane. In my previous post, it looks like you said Turnigy 9X but I see forums say only 8 Ch like all the rest. Thank you. If this is not successful, I will have girlfriend translate to Mandarin.
The turnigy 9x has 8 channels by default using the built in firmware.

However, most FPVers, when going the Turnigy 9x route probably replace the existing firmware with one of the firmwares that are developed and maintained by third parties. er9x is most likely the one that get's used the most (google for er9x, first hit is what you want). It's enhancing the features of the Turnigy 9x by a great deal and among countless other features you can set the timeings and number of channels mixed into the PPM sum signal that goes to the HF module and trainer port. In other words, you can use all 12 channels this way provided the HF module supports it which is a sounding yes in case of RangeLink.

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:42 PM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
The turnigy 9x has 8 channels by default using the built in firmware.

However, most FPVers, when going the Turnigy 9x route probably replace the existing firmware with one of the firmwares that are developed and maintained by third parties. er9x is most likely the one that get's used the most (google for er9x, first hit is what you want). It's enhancing the features of the Turnigy 9x by a great deal and among countless other features you can set the timeings and number of channels mixed into the PPM sum signal that goes to the HF module and trainer port. In other words, you can use all 12 channels this way provided the HF module supports it which is a sounding yes in case of RangeLink.

HTH

Markus
Thank for the very useful info. I will try that. Any other hints on Turnigy? Seems very low price for what one gets.
Dawg
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
Thank for the very useful info. I will try that. Any other hints on Turnigy? Seems very low price for what one gets.
Dawg
I would not consider it so low in price in the end. Your time counts also and if you apply all possible modifications, you will see that you spent a significant amount of time. However, this is very rewarding as you will end up with a remote controll that you can configure and adapt to your needs beond what was previousely possible. I am really happy with my Turnigy. I actually have several (another advantage based on the low price and applying modifications to two or three of them at once almost takes the same amount of time) such systems. One is used exclusively for every LRS system I have (or just have to play around and test it).

You don't necesairly have to buy the Turnigy brand from HK, especially should it turn out that its not in stock at the moment. You can buy the variant from Leader Hobby. Same electronics but more HF-Module oriented. Which one you prefer depends on your preferences. I also found the backlight LCD mod worthwile. So if you order at HK, make sure you also order one of those backlights with it.

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:47 PM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
I would not consider it so low in price in the end. Your time counts also and if you apply all possible modifications, you will see that you spent a significant amount of time. However, this is very rewarding as you will end up with a remote controll that you can configure and adapt to your needs beond what was previousely possible. I am really happy with my Turnigy. I actually have several (another advantage based on the low price and applying modifications to two or three of them at once almost takes the same amount of time) such systems. One is used exclusively for every LRS system I have (or just have to play around and test it).

You don't necesairly have to buy the Turnigy brand from HK, especially should it turn out that its not in stock at the moment. You can buy the variant from Leader Hobby. Same electronics but more HF-Module oriented. Which one you prefer depends on your preferences. I also found the backlight LCD mod worthwile. So if you order at HK, make sure you also order one of those backlights with it.

HTH

Markus
Markus, thank you. I found no Turnigy available or the alternate brands. They are such a good deal that they are all sold out. I know what you mean. These things can be very exciting and rewarding to work on. The whole FPV hobby is that way. That's why we all love it!!
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2012, 10:21 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
vvV FANG Vvv's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
I have thr Turnigy and the Er9x mod. Took 15 minutes to install, an couple of hours to read all the stuff on reflashing the new firmware and installing software then a day of fiddling and testing till i got a good grasp of it all.

Well worth it .... if you can get ahold of one.
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! DRAGON LINK - Professional Grade, Rock Solid, Hassle Free, UHF system. JettPilot FPV Equipment 33811 Today 09:30 PM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 04:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 06:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 05:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 03:55 PM