Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:17 PM
United States, CA, Concord
Joined Nov 2013
3 Posts
Discussion
Heng Long Walker Bulldaog information needed!!

Hello,
I am new to the rc tank scene but have admired them for many years up until recently when my ex-brother in law sold me his for $5 US. The only thing wrong with it is the gun barrel broke it's mounting brackets. The first question is : There is a 3 postion switch located on the bottom of the tank with A, B, and C positions. What does this switch do? Also, if anybody has the barrel/turret assembly they want to sell/trade. I also need 1 of the small tires. Amny help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Mark
Twitch2323 is offline Find More Posts by Twitch2323
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2014, 01:23 AM
Joined Nov 2005
583 Posts
Delete
soulreaper is online now Find More Posts by soulreaper
Old Jan 03, 2014, 01:39 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,789 Posts
OK I have a couple of questions.?? Does the radio have a slider switch on the lower right hand corner? That says ABC? IF SO that means you can switch to different channels. If not It could be the off and on switch for smoke if the tanks has it? Another one I have for ya is it 16 scale or 124 or even . On the 16 scale . .IF it dose have smoke you will see the muffers loose and maybe see tubes under the decK?? FOR parts on a 16 scale not sure if you play with E bay I dont but I do keep an eye on it for [roces amd what things are going for .
FOR I saw on RC tanks a walker 16 scale bull dog for parts and what your asking those parts was on it. IT dose not have any radio gear and a few small parts are missing but it shows it has what your looking for. PRICE was good also . Some one may have pick it up for parts and decided to let the rest go. It may be worth your time to look into it.??

NOW ?. Can your brother in law or sorry X tell ya if it had smoke or not??

IF the radio has the letters and you can run the tank even with the missing wheel . RUN the tank switch the switch on the radio and see if the tank runs on all 3 letters ?

If it dose that will tell you that can can change to different channels .
BUT the letters has to match both radio and tank. IF not that that swtich was set up for like
(soulreaper )
says for smoke it may have the smoking unit in it . MYSelf I usely pull that set up when I get a new tank or just dont use it. BEEN told and have heard they have there own set of problems.

So look it all over and get back to use then we can tell you from there.
eather way that was a good deal.
OK NOT saying that switch is not for smoke but what will tell if you have a slider switch radio ? and what radio you have with it if you got a radio ?
ONE More thing can you put any pictures of what you have on this board .
That will tell some answers to let us know what you have as well..
GET a good top view and under view of the tank and also of the radio . If you can do that you will be surprse on the help you will get.
WE just need to konw what your playing with. LIKE I say I am taking it you have the 16 scale ? OR tell us the size of the tank how long and how wide that will tell me right a way. there are different scale of those thanks for I have seen them .
. Thanks DON
Rustbucket is online now Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Last edited by Rustbucket; Jan 03, 2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 02:13 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,789 Posts
I just check e bay the tank is still there for about 30.00 but who know what could happen soon . for got to ask how many switchs dose you thank have dose it have one red toward the front and a small black switch on the side under the tank. and dose it also have a christal inside the battery box. that will tell you have one of the better and later tanks. FOR there is the one showing on e bay and then you have a slider set up NOW since I have you working for all of us maybe we all can get your tank back up and running. again DON THE rustbucket.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 05:45 AM
United States, CA, Concord
Joined Nov 2013
3 Posts
Thank you for such a fast response. Frim the information you have given me and the research I myself have done I am 95% certain that it is a 16 scale. The radio does not have a slider and the tank has 2 switches on the bottom. The first switch is located about 1" from the screwmount that secures the battery box and the other switch is just to the right and down about an inch on the right hand side of the battery box . I figured out that the A?B?C swqitch is to change frequencies. The saftey switch for the airsoft gun is located under the samll hatch next to the main hatch on the top of the tank. I know it has smoke because I had to disconnect it to get to the inner workings of the turret/barrel. I have 2 new questions if you can help. The first is:how do you tuirn on and off the smoke? and the second question is how do you fire the airsoft gun? The engine sounds work, as do the machine gun sounds and light and also the tank recoil feature works. Are the trim tabs on the left side of the transmitter functional, mine do not move but the rigfht hand side trim tabs do. Measurements are:
tip of turret to back of tank:20"
width of tank: 8 3/4"
height is 7"
measurements are approximate to an 1/8".
Do I need to use actual smoke oil made specifically for tanks or is there a "secret" recipe I could use. Unfortunatley, my camera was stolen a few months back and I haven't had the time to get a new one yet. I hope the information I have given is helpful. Again, thank you very much for your fast and very polite reply.( I've seen a lot of jerks posting stuff)
The tank starts up, runs all directions and has all lights operational along with the recoil for the main gun. Can't figure out how to start smoke or airsoft is all I need to know now...I think.
I was surprised how noisy it sounds but to me it sounds like a real one (just quieter)
Twitch2323 is offline Find More Posts by Twitch2323
Old Jan 04, 2014, 10:50 AM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
The M41 is 1/16 scale. To shoot the main cannon, you press and hold up on the left stick. Make sure the safety switch in the hatch is on first. You have a smoke and sound tank. The red switch underneath turns the smoker on. It is only a frequency switch on the non smoke and sound tanks. Yours should have a crystal on the transmitter where the ABC switch would be. On smoke and sound tanks that switch turns on the smoker. Don't run it unless there is smoke fluid in it or you'll burn it up. The trim tabs on the transmitter are not functional, even if they slide. I have in transmitter where they are all fake and one that has one that slides but it doesn't do anything.
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK
Old Jan 04, 2014, 11:22 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,789 Posts
GOOD Morning Mark.
Glad i have been able to help well so far I can only tell you what I know and have learn in the last year and half on my own.Sounds like to me you do have the slider switch tank by HL . I do like those set ups easy to deal with .
OK NOW I do have one for you That I forgot to ask for some reason I was thinking you were dealing with a Walker bull dog . I have a feeling I could be wrong . BUT the information I gave you for those tanks are mostly the same. So do you know witch one you.? Since you said it has the recoil. system. I know a little about those as well.

NOW I will try to asnwer your questions in order. What I do know there is a tank oil that the tanks use. I dont use my smoke system myself . IT comes with tank kits in a small placitc contaner . NO name or information. That is just about what I can tell you about that one since I keep my smoke off. I have heard with the smoke units they cause problems . that is what I have read on the boards and lot of guys dont bother with them . YOU should have anohter switch some whear under the tank along with the others for smoke . One mind and I have a couple I have a small switch just up from the off and one switch but I dont have a tank that uses smoke that has the slider . MY tank have have the RX 18 boards. I have to amit from what your saying your tank sounds different and intresting .

So far I have not ran across a slider swich tank with smoke and sound. . Most of what I have ran acorss just has the slider swtch for swtiching channels. O ya sorry for got to tell you about the off and on switch on top of the turret inside. BUT I figure you may have figure that one out on your own.
OK ON most HL tanks when you move the left stick up the gun will fire is there are no problems with it . IT will shoot some white or yellow plactic BBS. . warning Do not stand in front of the tank when fireing. and besure to shoot the BBS whear they wont bounce back. and hit ya. I had one a couple of days ago rickasha back at me. Lucky for me it hit higher above my head and I had a set of plactic glasses on . So keep that in mind. OK when you push the leaver up you will hear it pulling the plunger back and small red light will come on telling you it is about to fire. Depending on witch tank you have you will fine a loading hatch. Some have it on the side on top some have it whear the swtich is place. IF you can tell me what tank you have and you cant figure out how to load let me know .
I will try my best to help.
YES IT sounds to me you have the 16scale tank from what your telling me. What I have seen and found with the HL tanks some radios adjustment slider bars work some done. DONT ask me why for I cant figure that one out my self. I have one radio that I can adjust the tracking to a point and it is the silver HL radio . BUT that is so intresting on what your telling about your tank and what it has. YES your good at telling me information hope you can understand my side.:-))
OK Do keep in touch and if I can help any more just ask . i will put a picture of the smoke tube on for ya . DON
Old Jan 04, 2014, 11:24 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,789 Posts
smoke esxhust pictures

smoke bottle in packaging that comes with new tanks or use .
Old Jan 04, 2014, 11:29 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,789 Posts
HEY GOOD Morning SKY hawk. OK NOW BUDDY You have someoen elest that can help along with me . HE is good as well and knows more about the smoke units then I do .
HE has also been into some tanks that I have not delt with in the pass so he can help as well. .
So We both have help each other on other boards .
thank you for jumping in SKY Hawk. NOW between both of use we will have another good tanker to join us . Have a good day. I will be checking in off and on during the day.
DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Jan 04, 2014 at 12:32 PM.