HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gp125racer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2011, 05:25 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,893 Posts
Discussion
RC Aerodyne Beechcraft Baron 58

OK, I'll admit to it ..... I'm a sucker for anything general aviation related. Unfortunately there just isn't much selection out there in terms of scale general aviation birds. When I was crusing around the web, I ran across the scaleflying.com website and noticed they are currently developing a KingAir and had recently released a Beechcraft Baron G58. For those of you who don't know about it, the Baron G58 is a 5 seater twin engine prop plane. It's manufactured by the Beechcraft Corpration, and is considered by many to be at the top of its class in build quality and performance. I could go on and on about how cool of a plane it is, and how much I would love to own one, but I think you're getting that idea by now anyways.

I contacted RC Aerodyne in regards to the Baron, and in quick order had one headed my direction. The plane came in 3 large boxes, one with the fuselage, one with the canopy kit, and the other with the wings and nacelles. Cracking the boxes open it was clear the finish quality on this plane is very high. Each panel line, decal, and subtle curve of the real life plane is present, so it came as no surprise when I learned that the RC Aerodyne Baron is an officially licensed product from the Beechcraft Corporation. I'll be doing a full review on this plane here on RCG with much more detail on the plane and the other components required to get this bird in the air. More to come soon...

Don
gp125racer is online now Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:30 AM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Apr 2008
961 Posts
When I was in aviation I worked on a Baron that had been with Transport Canada from the factory until bought locally. Very well laid out and maintained. Glad to see someone produce a quality kit of it. What do you plan for power?

Also helped rebuild a B200 King Air that had spent 10 years total in Africa. A major undertaking that resulted in one of the best looking and performing King 200's up there. It had its quirks, but scooted along pretty well, (275+ knots).
Cougar429 is offline Find More Posts by Cougar429
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:21 AM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Almost done with mine's, working on the servo's right now.

You doing the cockpit?
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:40 AM
Joined Feb 2005
1,893 Posts
Looks good Marvin! I plan on doing the cockpit as well, but man there are a lot of pieces in that box LOL
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:45 PM
WAR EAGLE
Parrish Fl
Joined Apr 2004
1,856 Posts
Don, When is the more to come gonna happen. I want to buy one and would like to see how you came out.
callen is offline Find More Posts by callen
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
Joined Feb 2005
1,893 Posts
Still getting all the gear together, hoping to order some goodies from horizon here soon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:40 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
My mines has been done for about 2 or 3 weeks, but the weather all crazy so i still haven't maiden mines yet. Don your out hear you now what i mean about the weather

I used E-Flite electric retracts, but did mods to use the scale gear from the kit,

No disrespect Don,

But here's my complete build .

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=1371963&pp=20
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1