HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:25 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
New Product
LightRC - - Brand New 3D Foamies!

You've heard of WMP and fancy foam, but maybe you'd like something more substantial and nicer in a foamy without the top end price?

Look no further!

LightRC.com has what you want! Balsa performance from a foamy at Chinese prices BUT designed, produced and distributed in the USA!

You might recall them from the indoor Magnum foamy but they have moved way beyond that with a new ~34" series with a Sbach, Cap and a brand new Rebel Z design.
Indoor lite 32" versions coming soon as well just in tome for winter.

Like combat?
Try their Mini PBF's (pizza box fliers).

I can't say enough good things about their planes because I can't really find a flaw.

I've flown all but the new Rebel Z and there is something for anyone's taste in foamies.

The Sbach is very locked in and clean. Heavy enough to do high energy maneuvers yet flies as slow as any other 6-7oz foamy.

The Cap is much looser but slows down well and with a very stiff air cram can really snap and tumble nice.

The RebelZ is one of the fastest rolling and loose foamies out there. Stiff and precise without requiring a mess of spider webs of external bracing.

The density of the epp used makes for a stuff and crashable airframe but the perfect ballance of wing area make it just as slow as any other 32" 6-7oz foamy.

Knife edge on all 3 are very clean and the vertical CG is easy to acheve for clean KE loops and pin wheels!

Gear required is easy and cheap. Nothing odd or special.
Any 9-12g servo is sufficent.
2208/1200kv motor and 12-15amp esc
3cell 500-800mah lipos.

The mini PBF is just crazy, arm chair fun! Just creepy slow but still so maneuverable indoors or out.
Need to learn better rudder skills if your new to 3D? ITS THE PERFECT TRAINER FOR THAT!
Lots of groups fly combat with them. I just like to creep around my yard, around the trees and work on my slow, inverted Harriors.
Want something that's light, slow and easy but still flip floppy? Forget any other PBF, THIS one on just 3 5gram servos, a bluewonder 1500kv motor and 2 or 3s lipos, 300-600mah, and 10amp esc, is the last one you'll buy!

I'll be posting pix and videos as well as a build thread when I order my new mini pbf v2, cap 34 and RebelZ 32" lite.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Last edited by Mchone, Jake; Oct 09, 2014 at 01:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:36 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
My Mini pbf

http://youtu.be/Gjv3aI8TOno

http://youtu.be/CehBGjyXRXc

http://youtu.be/H9BlO6dMeBI
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:37 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
Pbf combat

McDDD - Mini PBF Combat - SKC 2013 (4 min 8 sec)
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:45 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
Rebel Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMIizKpNMfs
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:45 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
Cap 34"

Cap 34 EPP - McDDD (5 min 5 sec)
Old Oct 09, 2014, 01:18 AM
Pro Bro 415
USA, MO, Eldon
Joined Sep 2003
52 Posts
Great thread Jake!

Light RC has some of the best flying foam planes that nobody seems to know about. Hopefully this thread will let the cat out of the bag.
Dave McDonald is online now Find More Posts by Dave McDonald
Old Oct 09, 2014, 07:33 AM
Gardner Kansas (S. Kansas City)
Joined Dec 2005
556 Posts
I have a LRC Mini PBF, Sbach, and Rebel-Z and I really like them all. The Rebel-Z is my all time favorite foamy. The Rebel-Z flies very light but still carries enough energy to do poptops, crankshafts, and other tumbling manuevers that you normally don't see foamy's performing. It is very high quality and durable. I have no mixing in mine and it flies knife edge in either direction perfectly straight. Another thing that I have found with the Rebel-Z is it handles the wind very well. I have 3 Crack Yak's (Mini, Original, and CY Light) and I like them as well, but in my opinion at half the price the Rebel-Z is a much better value. I haven't bought the Cap yet but I did have a chance to fly one at the South Kansas City Probro and I was impressed with it. I find the Sbach to be a little slower and not as loose, the Rebel-Z is a quicker and much looser flying plane (it's a rolling and tumbling machine) I would describe the Cap as being right in the middle, it is quicker and more aerobatic than the Sbach but tamer than the Rebel-Z. You can darn near buy all 3 for the price of one of the more expensive foamies.
Troy
funflyr is offline Find More Posts by funflyr
Old Oct 09, 2014, 11:57 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyr View Post
You can darn near buy all 3 for the price of one of the more expensive foamies.
Troy

Exactly

The cracks (yes I've flown all of them) and they are very nice and crash well but they by no means have the market cornered on foamies with this performance! But they do have it cornered on price
Old Oct 09, 2014, 09:45 PM
United States, KS, Edgerton
Joined Aug 2007
56 Posts
Guys,
Thanks so much for the kind words!

As I'm an unknown here I feel compelled to give a little background. Like most of the State Side foamy producers I got into building as a byproduct of designing and sharing my planes with the guys I fly with. And like the other little guys in this market, I work out of my house and have a day job too, no giant workforce, warehouse, etc. I do the design, cutting, painting, kitting, shipping, etc., all in house. I use local (KS & MO) flying events to test designs and get feedback from others before selling anything.
I am now selling EPP too, but this was just a means to get quality foam. It's no secret that EPP was hard to get and what you got was not produced to any standards. Those dark days are over. I spec'd top quality from a US manufacture of the EPP, they demanded I buy a lot in order to get a decent pricing. So now I have a lot of foam, and I'm very impressed with the quality and thicknesses of the sheets.

As stated, and any of my customers will tell you, I like high energy foam! My designs are stiff airframes, and not as light as others on the market. I like every plane to have a distinct feel, a sort of personality. I know this is not everyone's thing, and it is not going to be.

Thanks again for the kind words,
Sam
gotswrv is online now Find More Posts by gotswrv
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2014, 01:31 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
Got an ETA on the 32" lite Z?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:48 AM
Joined Aug 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
Got an ETA on the 32" lite Z?
I would say about a week, maybe two. Been getting requests to get the EPP back to buyable on the site.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:18 AM
⊂(^(工)^)⊃
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
74 Posts
What is better about your aircraft compared to the many other manufactures of similar type Planes?

-Ben
benskoning is online now Find More Posts by benskoning
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:41 AM
Joined Aug 2007
56 Posts
Hey Ben,
I wouldn't say better, I like to fly other's planes too. I have, and have had lots of different companies planes.
I try to make planes that have a different feel in the air. I also try to keep a lower price point, but this means some things like a fancy package and color scheme get left to the other companies.
It's all about what's important to the individual.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:47 AM
⊂(^(工)^)⊃
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
74 Posts
ok, I wanted to see what your response would be. I am now definitely going to buy a Rebel Z lite once I get the funds together. I need a new plane to do aeromusical type flying with.

-Ben

(Just a quick idea for your website, Slow down the slideshow on the front page. It can be hard to click on sometimes)
benskoning is online now Find More Posts by benskoning