HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lectroglide, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:58 AM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,215 Posts
Mini-Review
Box making made painless

Had several request for an instruction article for "box making made painless"
First thiers no reason to PAY for a box and can be found at most car part outfits
bicycle and anywhere they throw boxes away, however its always good to ask before hauling their scraps away

Keep in mind boxes come in different thickneses weights and sizes so be sure you know what youll be shipping
and to make the box is right for the item youll be sending. I make my own boxes for the WINGTHING2 and only had one complaint due to my own
neglect. Thierfore check out the pix and LMK if you have any questions.

Things you need>>>>>>>>>>36in.straight edge-box knife-magic marker a flat table and some packing tape you can get at the dollar store. also 1/2 sheet of 1/2 in. foam board you can get at home depot for $2.50. for packing material you can go to most fred Meyers and get a bunch of plastic shopping bags for free which ppl donate back to recycle.

In pic 1 you see the box size layout
pic 2/3 is where I scored with a knife where I wanted the creases to be for folding.
pic 4 is where I bent the box to get the shape I wanted
pic5 you can see how I layed the box over a bench and made the fold
pic 6 things coming into shape
pic 7 finished box shape
pic 8 is the foam piece I cut from the foam board that goes on each end of the box for end strength, then are taped to the inside of the box
pic 9 is how the box end looks with the foam piece in.
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Aug 27, 2013 at 01:19 PM.