SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius_Pilot View Post
Will I be in trouble?
Photofields should run adequately (not great) in either sim.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:44 PM
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Photofields should run adequately (not great) in either sim.
Thanks for the reply. Adequately as in it'll still feel like a sim or will frame rate drop to the extent of rendering it useless? Um, question 2 I guess: is there a demo for Phoenix as well as Real Flight?

I suppose I should just use google. I have been all weekend (hence my arrival here)
Pontius_Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Pontius_Pilot
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Busy little poster, aren't you? RF has an interactive demo. I think Phoenix's demo is more of an infomercial. I could be wrong.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:57 PM
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
Quote:
Busy little poster, aren't you? RF has an interactive demo. I think Phoenix's demo is more of an infomercial. I could be wrong.
Fair point. Not meaning to come across as spammy. Just got the excitement of new gadgets on my mind. I'm sure it'll wear off a bit like it did with all those other gadgets gathering dust around the place. Although more questions need to be asked regarding this sort of stuff than an iPad or Novation Impulse USB controller keyboard etc. I'll give the RF demo a whirl to test performance.
Pontius_Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Pontius_Pilot
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:17 AM
Clarkston, MI
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpeek View Post
I am considering buying Real Flight to use on my laptop. Although the laptop has ATI Radeon HD 6320/6290 graphics, so it should handle the video, it does not have a disk drive.

I can use an external disk drive to load the software, but am wondering if the disk needs to be inserted when running the simulator...if so, I would need to always have the external drive available and connected...
Just fyi, you can create an image of a disc and use a disc drive emulator to run a program that requires the disc to be inserted. I used to use alcohol 120% to run Battlefield 2142 years ago. It worked perfectly.
imjony5 is offline Find More Posts by imjony5
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:13 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjony5 View Post
Just fyi, you can create an image of a disc and use a disc drive emulator to run a program that requires the disc to be inserted. I used to use alcohol 120% to run Battlefield 2142 years ago. It worked perfectly.
Did you read post #2? Or are you just big on emulators?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:43 PM
Clarkston, MI
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
Quote:
Did you read post #2? Or are you just big on emulators?
I was informing him about an option that he was not aware of. There may be a situation in the future where an emulator saves him from carting an external disc drive around, yes i did read post 2. Are you trying to be helpful, or do you just like being snotty to people on the internet?
Last edited by imjony5; Mar 19, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Real Flight DOES NOT REQUIRE the disc to be inserted in order to run the sim. Your information is irrelevant to his question.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:52 PM
Clarkston, MI
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
removed
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjony5 View Post
Are you trying to be helpful, or do you just like being snotty to people on the internet?
As seen in my post where I answered his question, I am being helpful.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:12 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,376 Posts
I do believe earlier versions, maybe 3.5 and earlier had SecuROM and required the disc so don't go buying a really old used version. The Interlink functions as the copy protection now, so going to guess the disc has not been required since G4.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I think it was early versions of G2 that required the disc from time to time. G3 and up never did.