HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Question
Eagleeyes station not panning the servo to full position

Hi All, I've been using the ET osd for almost 6 months now. I love everything about it. awesome system.

I've added the eagleeyes station + antenna pan/tile from readymaderc.com and I got everything set up and working, but I have one problem that I can't solve!

I set up North (0) to 50%, South (180) CW to 0%, South (180) CCW to 100%, but the servo pans only 60 degrees in each way while it's capable of moving 120 degrees in each way (for a total of 240 degrees..)

(going under 0% or above 100% doesn't make a different...)

Any idea on how i can set it up to go more than 60 degrees?
The fish is offline Find More Posts by The fish
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:36 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,394 Posts
make sure that you designate the tilt highest position as 180 degrees, and that could solve your problem.

if not then

I suspect that If you do not calibrate the CCW south, then it will solve your issues.

Here is a tutorial.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...69&postcount=7
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
My problem is not the tilt. that's working fine.

My problem is that panning takes the servo only 60 degrees to each side instead of 120 degrees. I've watched the video you sent + followed the manual correctly, but still nothing helps.

I tried a different servo and same thing happens...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:57 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,394 Posts
OK,

let me see if I have this right.

If you have the software opened up. and you choose the option 270 deg west, and you hit 10 % more, (or less whatever the case), then it will only go so far.

So if you repeat that in the other direction, and while you have the software open, and it is hooked up,

You can only get the servo to go so far.

Like, it is a physical impossibility to make it go farther....

I would say that it has something to do with the pot inside the servo.

If you follow those steps, and it won't go further than 60deg, then it is a 60 deg servo.

That or you are doing something wrong.

Eagle Eyes, and OSD Pro, has some parameters set from the default of the firmware.

But for our purposes of setting pan and tilt, they are stupid until you teach them what you want them to do,

So, It is either a physical impossibility for that servo to move beyond what it is moving, or it is something that you are not doing correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The fish View Post
My problem is not the tilt. that's working fine.

My problem is that panning takes the servo only 60 degrees to each side instead of 120 degrees. I've watched the video you sent + followed the manual correctly, but still nothing helps.

I tried a different servo and same thing happens...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Guys, thank you so much for your response. I'm so sorry, that was my fault.

I truly believed that typical servos are turning 240 degrees. They are not. they only turn 120 degrees. So I'll have to buy a different servo for panning if I want full 360 degrees. - Again - sorry for not checking it earlier.

So combined with the readymadeRC.com gear, the pan will turn from 0 to ~160 CW and from 0 to 200 CCW. That leaves me with about 40 degrees without coverage. Do you think I should take the extra effort to switch the servo or shell i just leave it?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:35 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,394 Posts
FWIW:

I have found that 180 deg pan, and 180 deg tilt works very well.

If it travels 360, then the wires get wrapped up, and are quite a pain.

with 180, you have less of that mess to deal with.

If it pans 180, and tilts 180, then there is no area that cannot get covered. It works very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The fish View Post
Guys, thank you so much for your response. I'm so sorry, that was my fault.

I truly believed that typical servos are turning 240 degrees. They are not. they only turn 120 degrees. So I'll have to buy a different servo for panning if I want full 360 degrees. - Again - sorry for not checking it earlier.

So combined with the readymadeRC.com gear, the pan will turn from 0 to ~160 CW and from 0 to 200 CCW. That leaves me with about 40 degrees without coverage. Do you think I should take the extra effort to switch the servo or shell i just leave it?