HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:16 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondoflier View Post
blade strike ..can you answer my question..since it's in line.. let me quote you 'DJI can only support what the hardware was designed for' ?
No, not really. That is an end user question, not a support question
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel View Post
That video footage looks pretty darn good to me.
Burntpixel,
So basically are saying that if this was footage you were getting off your setup you would be ok with it?

Is doing some kind of stabilizing in post just something that is done most if not all of the time?

Thanks for your help and advice.....
kuau is offline Find More Posts by kuau
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:51 AM
Cinematographer
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2013
2,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuau View Post
Burntpixel,
So basically are saying that if this was footage you were getting off your setup you would be ok with it?

Is doing some kind of stabilizing in post just something that is done most if not all of the time?

Thanks for your help and advice.....
I would have to say yes ,at least on my end it is. As most of the footage I shoot is handed off to an editor, I do know post stab is used. Your footage still looks pretty darn stable to me though.

Appears many judge their footage from a long form perspective,when in reality your aerials would more than likely be 2-4 second clips edited within a longer piece using traditionally shot footage.
Burntpixel is offline Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:27 PM
the best laid plans.......
somewhere east of the pond
Joined Jun 2007
589 Posts
Quote:
ok..let me try reversing my question. Is there anyone that is satisfied, a Zenmuse+MK3 . By that I mean no horizon issues when using the gimbal with a separate operator ( not fpv ) ? ..if yes, please elaborate, did you use factory DJI settings, or did you do the balancing yourself?
Thanks
mine doesnīt hold horizon in fast pan/tilts either, especially at higher g loads/wind loads ,
will have to fly more to see how deep the rabbit hole is.

on the other hand i donīt see whats wrong with kuaus tests?
and please point me to the 300euro gimbal that beats my z 15bmpcc that i paid 1200 euros for.
a rc timer legacy is 470 dollars already with no controller or bling.

iīd say a legacy with phobotic , hdmi, adapters , lanc control will be more or less the same price as a bundled zenmuse . + 40 hours of work if you do it the first time.
thequieteuropean is offline Find More Posts by thequieteuropean
Last edited by thequieteuropean; Nov 19, 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
345 Posts
I thought it was more than 1200eur.. i payed much more for the 5d gimbal so I didn't know the price..but performance wise quadframe gimbal and arris are not far from what you are getting..ok more than half the price and half the bling
My reasoning is not how much...I just want the d**n thing to work as it is advertised.
gondoflier is offline Find More Posts by gondoflier
Old Nov 19, 2014, 01:03 PM
the best laid plans.......
somewhere east of the pond
Joined Jun 2007
589 Posts
Quote:
I thought it was more than 1200eur.. i payed much more for the 5d gimbal so I didn't know the price..but performance wise quadframe gimbal and arris are not far from what you are getting..ok more than half the price and half the bling
My reasoning is not how much...I just want the d**n thing to work as it is advertised.
i hear ya bro, all good, just wanted to mention that djis prices start to reflect the competition catching up .
euro prices atm:

dji s 900 no bundle 975.-
with a2 ( or wkm + iosd)1500.-
with hdmi zen gh4/bmpcc/or non hd sony 2700.-

thats about 50% compared to last year, i guess they already hear you talking ....

just from looking at it i must say the 5 d version has to be much more sensitive to ANYTHING that isnīt perfect,
read most complaints about it as well....
thequieteuropean is offline Find More Posts by thequieteuropean
Old Nov 19, 2014, 04:10 PM
Joined Sep 2011
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Like I have posted in the other thread, the gimbal was built for a different camera and lens combo. I and or DJI can only support what the hardware was designed for.

I for one one would like a video showing the Dynamic balance of the gimbal and camera.
OK not 100% perfect, yet I have seen what a GH4 HD gimbal looks like with a GH4 and Olympus 12mm lens mounted looks like on a just returned from DJI for balancing and it is no where is good as mine....

Z15n Balance (0 min 44 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2014, 06:45 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuau View Post
OK not 100% perfect, yet I have seen what a GH4 HD gimbal looks like with a GH4 and Olympus 12mm lens mounted looks like on a just returned from DJI for balancing and it is no where is good as mine....

http://youtu.be/WFoKDLg9OF8
roll looks great but how is pitch?
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2014, 07:22 PM
Joined Sep 2011
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
roll looks great but how is pitch?
Ken,
The pitch is the same, I forgot to show it, yet that's the easy one to do...
I seem to have stirred up a little debate on the S900 mini build thread.

For me I think it would be most helpful to see some raw video from some other users to see where I am at...
Old Nov 20, 2014, 04:24 PM
Joined Nov 2012
169 Posts
Kuau
I think your problem with that vibrations is not comming from the gimball, but from the frame, in the past i use big lens with nex5n and with good balance i dont have any problem ( nex5n + lens + filter near to 560 grams with filters ).

Here is the today test with my octocopter and zenmuse GH3 converted to GH4 with last firmware .
The video is raw, just cut little and add music .

Octocopter with Zenmuse GH4 (1 min 50 sec)

Christian
consoleworld is offline Find More Posts by consoleworld
Old Nov 20, 2014, 04:32 PM
Joined Sep 2011
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
Kuau
I think your problem with that vibrations is not comming from the gimball, but from the frame, in the past i use big lens with nex5n and with good balance i dont have any problem ( nex5n + lens + filter near to 560 grams with filters ).

Here is the today test with my octocopter and zenmuse GH3 converted to GH4 with last firmware .
The video is raw, just cut little and add music .

Christian
Christian,
Yeah I am thinking the same thing, not the gimbal but the S900 is vibrating,.
Now if I could only find where it's coming from......
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:19 AM
Joined Feb 2014
87 Posts
z15 gh4 picture problem

Anyone else that heard or have problem with the picture through the z15 gh4? I am using it with the lightbridge, if i just use the gh4 with HDMI to lightbridge the picture is perfect but when I connect it to the z15 there is a lot of green and purple flickering all over the screen. I imagine there is either a bad cable somewhere or the HD av converter?
golany is offline Find More Posts by golany
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:19 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,229 Posts
Responded on another thread. Send the unit in to replace the HD/AV board.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 21, 2014, 02:00 PM
Joined Feb 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Responded on another thread. Send the unit in to replace the HD/AV board.
Yeah saw that, thank you!
golany is offline Find More Posts by golany