HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
Congrats man. Definitely post your impressions when you get it. It's strange people are buying this thing off the shelves when the shop I "bought" mine from a month ago hasn't gotten it in yet!
I'll definately make some posts---If it looks like the others that have posted the GP micro Sabre looks to be a winner.....I have SEVERAL different battery packs in different mAh/C ratings to test this plane with---EFlite, ThunderPower, Hyperion, and a few generic no-name packs as well...Who's going to be the first to try 3S???!!!???.......I also have one of the ArtTech 30mm F-86's coming as well...It should be here some time early next week...Until the EFlite MiG arrives this will have to do as the only shootout of newly released planes in town......

The hobby shop that I deal with had one just "show up" last Wednesday...They sold it due to the guy that I normally deal with only works part-time and the message didn't get out that I was wanting the plane...I happened to call yesterday and one of the owners went waaaaaaaay out of his way to hunt another down for me...He personally picked it up for me and is now at his shop...THIS type of service is the reason I drive 160 miles round trip to deal with this guy!!!.......PLUS, he's open on SUNDAYS!!!......

Eltreato, I hope you get yours soon but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what shops get these planes...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I'll definately make some posts---If it looks like the others that have posted the GP micro Sabre looks to be a winner.....I have SEVERAL different battery packs in different mAh/C ratings to test this plane with---EFlite, ThunderPower, Hyperion, and a few generic no-name packs as well...Who's going to be the first to try 3S???!!!???... ....I also have one of the ArtTech 30mm F-86's coming as well...It should be here some time early next week...Until the EFlite MiG arrives this will have to do as the only shootout of newly released planes in town......

The hobby shop that I deal with had one just "show up" last Wednesday...They sold it due to the guy that I normally deal with only works part-time and the message didn't get out that I was wanting the plane...I happened to call yesterday and one of the owners went waaaaaaaay out of his way to hunt another down for me...He personally picked it up for me and is now at his shop...THIS type of service is the reason I drive 160 miles round trip to deal with this guy!!!.......PLUS, he's open on SUNDAYS!!!......

Eltreato, I hope you get yours soon but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what shops get these planes...

Kevin
oh man....!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
Registered User
lotech's Avatar
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Jul 2003
338 Posts
Went to my local hobby shop this morning( an hour away) to get a few batteries since I was in the area, and look what they had on the shelf! They just got it in yesterday they said. Needless to say I scooped it right up! Looks awesome....hope to maiden this weekend....
lotech is offline Find More Posts by lotech
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
oh man....!
If you want a popcorn thread check this one out:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594510

BTW how's the Sabre for 3D?
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotech View Post
Went to my local hobby shop this morning( an hour away) to get a few batteries since I was in the area, and look what they had on the shelf! They just got it in yesterday they said. Needless to say I scooped it right up! Looks awesome....hope to maiden this weekend....
Congrats!!!...Like I stated---There seems to be no rhyme or reason (to me anyway) as to what shops will get one or not...My guess is the shops that deal in higher volume will get the planes first...

An hour away---You are in the same boat as I when it comes to traveling to a decent hobby shop......

Since I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow I hope to maiden mine sometime late tomorrow...The forcast calls for a wind warning for tonight and a possibility of heavy wet snow in the AM...So, I doubt I'll be able to maiden mine...If the weather/wind/snow/rain is bad tomorrow I'll get out the chalk and weather the plane instead of flying...I'd rather be flying!!!......

I made up a couple of 320mAh Hyperion 2S packs tonight to try in the Sabre...Balance charging as I type.......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Feb 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
If you want a popcorn thread check this one out:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594510

BTW how's the Sabre for 3D?
I CAN'T BELIEVE there are 7 pages to that thread to tell the guy that the MiG is not in the same class as the Beast...Nor will the MiG do 3D...

(One time at band camp, I hovered my MiG.......)......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:48 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
.....One time at band camp, I hovered my MiG......
Kevin
Was this the one?
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:59 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Was this the one?
THAT'S THE ONE!!!...I lost it when flying in California---Last I heard it was flying over the Rockies @ 20,000 feet, standing on its tail trying to immitate a Beast AS3X...........Several commercial pilots reported it as a UFO.......I managed to squeeze in a 350 bazillion mAh battery pack in the stock compartment, running on 24S.........

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:40 AM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
If you want a popcorn thread check this one out:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594510

BTW how's the Sabre for 3D?
Kind of a lame thread IMO
and we were not talking of flying this F-86 3D but 3s, like as in 3 cell lipo..
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:08 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
If no-one beats me to it - I'll be going 3S but not on the stock 10mm inrunner. It will get too hot.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:35 AM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
If no-one beats me to it - I'll be going 3S but not on the stock 10mm inrunner. It will get too hot.
I've got a 3s pack I could try out right now, but I'm not sure if the esc can take the extra 1s
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:46 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,153 Posts
when the one guy said he wanted a glider, that could do 3D, without a motor no less, I asked myself, "is this thread a big joke?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:01 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Brushless55 - At a guess, based on the fact the ESC is 6A - No!! the extra current and voltage would more than likely damage the ESC. Even if it didn't, it may reduce the ESC's ability to drive the 3 servo's. Grab a 10A 3S capable ESC and be safe, oh - and a bigger motor.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:28 AM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Brushless55 - At a guess, based on the fact the ESC is 6A - No!! the extra current and voltage would more than likely damage the ESC. Even if it didn't, it may reduce the ESC's ability to drive the 3 servo's. Grab a 10A 3S capable ESC and be safe, oh - and a bigger motor.
yeah, that's why I have not plugged one in yet..
it may handle 3s but not past 50% throttle..
I'm getting average readings of 4amps just on 2s

tell me more about the 10a esc and different motor that could work in this sucker
not sure how in the world I would get to those in the plane?
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:36 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Kind of a lame thread IMO
and we were not talking of flying this F-86 3D but 3s, like as in 3 cell lipo..
I know exactly what you guys were talkin about. I too am curious how the f-86 will handle 3 cells, though I will leave it to better pilots than me to test that out. I expect to have my hands full with 2s. My 3D comment was a nod to the Legendary Agent chap in the beast vs. MiG thread.

On a much more general note, I'm really enjoying these f-86 and MiG threads. I know I may come off as a Sabreless downer, but I find there is a lot to be gained from everyone else's triumphs and tribulations. Thanks folks!:-)
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Sabre Jet F86 30mm EDF by Great Planes..TX-Ready (TX-R)..or RTF Version 15'' WS modfly Micro Ready-to-Fly 151 Dec 20, 2012 09:20 PM
Sold Eflite F-86 Sabre BNF EDF Jet NEVER FLOWN ready to fly!!!! thutt3430 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Apr 17, 2011 11:34 PM