HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:12 AM
sbc
Singapore
Joined Jul 2005
62 Posts
Just updated the HPP-22 software and HTS-Voice firmware. Everything is working as it is suppose to!

Note: To get the HTS-Voice into the programming mode, I must switch on the Tx/module which remained connected to the Voice.
If you don't want to switch on the TX, then unplug the wire from the module to the Voice.
sbc is offline Find More Posts by sbc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Update
"Note that Hitec USA has not released the Voice system to the market
but plan to start shipping them shortly as the new V1.12 software is now complete.
. finally! Here's a couple screen shots: - Mike". Alan T.
Further to pictures of HTS-Voice "settings" attached above post,
HPP-22 program file V1.12(0) now available. posted 05 March 2012 includes pictorial
uninstall old and install new HPP-22 firmware together with copy of the updates covered.
Screen shots, attached, show update procedure for HTS-Voice.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:57 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
683 Posts
With my HTS-Voice I could not establish any connection to the HPP-22 when the HTS-Voice was connected via its second port with the Spectra module. It did not matter whether the A9 was switched on or off.
This means for updates or custom programming of the HTS-Voice we always need to disconnect the HTS-voice from the Spectra module......

This is not very convenient.....

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
Paris france
Joined Oct 2008
81 Posts
it will be great if we could adjust an altitude offset with hpp22 or radio to have relative altitude
lud95 is offline Find More Posts by lud95
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:59 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
683 Posts
Negative, you cant do that up to now and have the voice output of relative altitude!

Would be also good if we could set alarms for altitude (max) and speed (min = stall)

Ang again what happens if you come on the weekend with two completely different models, let's say a glider and a gasser, to the airfield? How do you program your voice output for the two models ?? You then would always need a netbook or laptop at the airfield...

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:52 AM
Paris france
Joined Oct 2008
81 Posts
a double clic on the power/vol button of HTS-voice could set the reference for relative altitude, no ?
lud95 is offline Find More Posts by lud95
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
I'm interested to know if your A9 displayed height agrees with your HTS-Voice announcements.

Mine does not, and I have a feeling that its going to have to get returned. (the HTS-voice that is). It seems the first batch have a hardware problem.

Exactly how someone releases equipment into the wild with a hardware problems seem a worry.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post

Ang again what happens if you come on the weekend with two completely different models, let's say a glider and a gasser, to the airfield? How do you program your voice output for the two models ?? You then would always need a netbook or laptop at the airfield...

Juergen
I totaly agree, It a poor after thought of a design.
It should have had a row of DIP switches on the top with which you could select which sensors to read and which to not. This software programming idea is plain stupid when the unit has no multi-model storage.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Voice relative altitude

Addendum to HTS-Voice manual:
To read out relative altitude and not actual.
When it is speaking the altitude (on the ground,) push the function button
it will reset the altitude to zero.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
hi all , got voice today , also upgraded my aurora 9 , my module , the unit too , worked brill at home , went to the field and it stopped working , the voice keeps saying , hts down ? what on earth have i done , tried redoin the upgrades , turning stuff on and off in different ways , heeelllllppppppppp , please
ady1 is offline Find More Posts by ady1
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inotai View Post
Hi Alan,

can you help?
Just tried my new HTS voice, but don't understand 2 things:

1 on HTS-CC under "start & end sound " submenu Intro option is available. i've set it up on, but nothing happens when I select a plane in the A9 menu. I guess it should introduce the name of the plane. Right?

2 Based on the user manual attached to the HTS-Voice, by pushing "func" button long we can enter to the setup menu, however nothing special happens when I do so. It starts saying telemetry data, or if disconnected from A9 it says nothing.

Could you help?
Thanks
István
1) No it wont "introduce the name of the plane".
The start messages is "your current aircraft status is"
and the end message is "end of report"

2) To enter the HTS-voice function mode, the transmitter has to be turned OFF, then try turning on the unit, by holding the function button towards the back of the unit. After five second the blue LED should light and the voice will promrt you through the set up.
Then follow the voice prompts.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by VideoKing; Apr 04, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2014, 09:54 PM
Joined Feb 2013
219 Posts
I'm using the Blue pack with GPS and two temperature sensors.
Upon startup it will say default mode C50 and will give the full report.
I would like the HTS-Voice to only announce the GPS data, however, the only default modes I can select are either C50 or C200. Not sure what is the purpose of this since it gives me the full report regardless if the sensors are connected or not.
I do not have the HPP22..

Is it possible to have it read data from just one sensor?

EDIT:
OK So I ordered the HPP 22. This should solve my questions above.

The GPS altitude reading is completely useless. Has any of you managed to make it work right?
del3d is offline Find More Posts by del3d
Last edited by del3d; Jan 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM.