HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:27 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Gallery
Turning to the Dark Side

Well,
Lately, I'm not sure what the heck has been going through my mind, but I've done the un-thinkable. I've built and flown two nitro powered models. The first one, a Sky Raider Mach II is a club 40 pylon racer from World models. If you want to race with th eother guys, it's either that or the L.A. Racer. Either one has to have 1 of three approved motors and each has to use every part that comes with the ARF kit. I have to say, I'm having a blast with it. Then, as if denying my electric heritage.. I said yes to a "like new" Saito 82 four stroke motor. Well then of course I have to have a plane to put it in. So, now I'm flying the Seagull Models Decathalon with a four stroke slimer in it. I still hate the mess, but the power and the noise is definately fun.. and it's different. But, to make it all up, I kept all the 50CC electric equivalent stuff that used to be in the Pitts S12 I bought from Lmopar69... it passed away in spectacular fashion at SEFF 2010. So, I just made a deal with a friend of mine for a 87' Lanier Edge 540. Can't just have all these 10 and 12S lipo packs sitting around doing nothing... right?

Down with the Sickness

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:46 AM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,021 Posts
Traitor! A few small tarballs wash up on the beach and now you're going slimer...tsk tsk
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:08 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
You're Right

Brian...
I know... you are right... I feel so dirty... No really.. I do.. after flying these fuel planes.. there's oily film on me from head to foot and I look forward to showering.... I really do feel dirty.. because I am... LOL....
Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:58 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,021 Posts
Get that man some foam ~ stat!
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Aug 06, 2010, 08:56 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, slimers... I dont know that I'll go back to them unless I have a good reason too. Club racing would be a good reason though. Any kind of racing is fun. Question is, how can I find a Mopar 2 stroke to put in my plane!!!???

Im seriously considering a 50cc gasser Pitts though... Havent owned a gasser yet cuz I always do all my big stuff electric! We'll see what happens.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69