Find More Posts by Jill Liu
Jill Liu
Joined Jun 2011
71 Posts
Discussion
Zeta 43inch Extreme 3D Aerobatic Plane

Zeta 43inch Extreme 3D Aerobatic Plane

Video:
[ZETA SCIENCE] EXTREME 3D flying (1 min 56 sec)

Picture:

Features:
Extreme 3D plane originated from Zeta Science who are well-known with EPO fixed wing in China.
Made with Durable EPO material ,Its outstanding toughness offers greater protection against breakage of crash.
Carbon fiber sheet are buried in the foam to make the body stronger.
It offers an easily removable magnetic battery hatch, plug-in wing and tail design, carbon fiber wing spar and molded cooling holes for the battery compartment.
Well designed offers a easy install and uninstall structure. Removable wings makes it easy to take and set upand remove.
Decal ,sticker and Water stickers offer it a beautiful and amazing out look.

Specification and recommend setup:
Wingspam:1100mm (43.3inch)
Length: 1200mm (47.2inch)
Flying weight: 900g(31.74oz)
Motor:2814 1150KV
ESC:40A with Simonk programme
Servo:12g metal digital *4pcs
Prop:11*3.8
Battery:3S 1300-1500mAh 25C Lipo
Jill Liu is offline Find More Posts by Jill Liu
Last edited by Jill Liu; Jun 28, 2014 at 02:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2014, 03:09 AM
Jill Liu
Joined Jun 2011
71 Posts
Share your experience with 3D here, you will have the chance to get a free 3D aerobatic plane....
Old May 15, 2014, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,121 Posts
Looks nice.
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old May 17, 2014, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by groovejet
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Looks nice.
Yes, I agree.

I've owned dozens of EPP 3D foamies, but never an EPO 3D foamy, so I contacted Zeta Science top express interest in trying one. They said that they will send me one, so eventually I should have some photos, video and opinions to share.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old May 26, 2014, 03:59 AM
Jill Liu
Joined Jun 2011
71 Posts
I would like to share more pictures:

Old May 26, 2014, 05:38 AM
Find More Posts by kinemax
Poland, Masovian Voivodeship, Warsaw
Joined Mar 2006
146 Posts
I am 3D newbee, but tested several crafts so far...

After starting with Easy Star (not really 3D machine )many years ago, I was later trying some helis and multirotors, but it was not so fun...
Later had some wings and my favourites were Wingwing and Phantom (still flying often), in contrary to X-5, which I couldn't fly with any fun at all...

Than HK Pitts arrived - the first more or less 3D-capable plane - this started to be really funny !!!
After that discovered Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory planes - these makes me happy at every start, already having : Crack Yak, Yak mini, Cr Pitts, Pitts mini, Beaver, 1m Edge and 1,2m Su-29, everyone different and everyone absolutely amazing !!!

Now looking for something new and must say that this Extreme 3D looks different than Twisted planes and is very, VERY promising to offer new challenges and different experiences...
kinemax is offline Find More Posts by kinemax
Old May 26, 2014, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,177 Posts
Where do you find more information on this plane. No web links provided and not much here. Tried a google search and did not find this one.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 26, 2014, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,339 Posts
I've been talking with Zeta Science on these as well. The quality and detail looks to be really good on them.

The EPO planes I've flown have a more rigid feel in the air than EPP. Less draggy and generally more precise. Especially after many flights and crashes when EPP tends to get a little more sloppy. The downside is that in severe crashes EPO can crumple. You can still repair it but not as easily as EPP which just tears. EPO is heavier as well which can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. I fly outdoors and favor a little extra heft so long as the power is there and the air frame remains rigid.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old May 27, 2014, 02:17 AM
Jill Liu
Joined Jun 2011
71 Posts
When flying with strong moving, the EPP always easily bent,and you can get a good performance fly as EPO. The toughness of EPP is much better that EPP and not easily break when t will be crashed.Its outstanding toughness offers greater protection against breakage of crash and makes it durable.
Old Jun 07, 2014, 06:20 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,952 Posts
Hey guys,

I received an email from Zeta Science's Sales Manager, saying that they completed their final testing today and that they will send me a kit on Monday. Stay tuned for more details as they come.......
Old Jun 07, 2014, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by 1101
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFunRC View Post
The EPO planes I've flown have a more rigid feel in the air than EPP. Less draggy and generally more precise. Especially after many flights and crashes when EPP tends to get a little more sloppy. The downside is that in severe crashes EPO can crumple. You can still repair it but not as easily as EPP which just tears. EPO is heavier as well which can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. I fly outdoors and favor a little extra heft so long as the power is there and the air frame remains rigid.
As a novice, I can say Ive found EPP to be far less durable than EPO.
On EPP planes bigger than 800mm wingspan, the whole plane can be a floppy mess if the kit doent have enonough carbon spars in the fuse & wing. Crashing EPP crushes the nose area & will tear the wing . A well designed EPO plane seems to be far more crash resistant, for me.

This plane looks great
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Jun 08, 2014, 12:39 AM
Jill Liu
Joined Jun 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Where do you find more information on this plane. No web links provided and not much here. Tried a google search and did not find this one.
The update for this plane on our website will be finished soon. www.newzeta.com
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:42 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,952 Posts
It has arrived!!!

Today I received my PnP version of the Zeta Extreme 3D EPO plane. I have owned dozens of EPP planes, but this is my first EPO plane. EPO is clearly stiffer than EPP, though both types of foam still benefit from intelligent placement of carbon rods/strips.

My initial thoughts are that the quality looks to be very good. The colour scheme looks great. Orientation will be easy, with the underside of the wings being green.

The motor, servos and control horns are already installed, but I will need to install the pushrods, as well as glue a few pieces together.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:18 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,952 Posts
I started the quick build last night. Since it is a PnP version and not an ARF version, most of the work has already been done. I used the supplied glue to glue the carbon rods into the horizontal stabiliser and elevator and I glued the 2 separate halves of the horizontal stabiliser and elevator to the fuselage. In addition to this, I attached the wings to confirm they fit OK and I installed the landing gear in the plastic slot in the fuselage.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:47 AM
IMK
Find More Posts by IMK
IMK
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2005
182 Posts
Looks really nice Groovejet. Can't wait to see it fly.
IMK is offline Find More Posts by IMK