Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:56 AM
Entropy Happens!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,085 Posts
Thanks Gideon.
Jim.Thompson is online now Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Another foam plank build...
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2013, 09:42 AM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
1,656 Posts
Interesting thread. On the 45 degree topic. I have just repaired a concept exptreme wing and the damage near the root was not at a 45. IT was more skewed towards the chord. This can be the result of the root doubler and the inherent spar weakness of the RDS shaft as well as the sleeves for the antenna? Then I crashed it after my right wing repair and had similar damage to the Port wing. I Actually think the disser can add compression strength as it seams to adhere to the glass/disser layer very well. I do look at it as only a tension helper but I think it does both. Has anyone wired up strain gauges on a wing for proper stress testing?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1974601

Post 26 shows my damaged wing with thin white tape outlining where the delam and damage were. Both wings failed in this angle.
I do think the root doubler should be extended. But demand for lighter ships that fly well not crash well is what drives this right Tom.
elkski is offline Find More Posts by elkski