HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2014, 04:26 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2002
44 Posts
Discussion
Hotliner power setup suggestions (Smart and X-Ray)

I have two hotliners still new in the box and I'd like to get one or both flying. One is the Gerasis Smart and one is the X-Ray. Looking for suggestions as to modern power setups... I have no clue as to where to start. I don't need all out performance just something that will be FUN! Thanks to all in advance.

Smart

X-Ray
swill is offline Find More Posts by swill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:19 AM
Kilsyth, Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2003
1,970 Posts
If either is just for fun and keeping it simple (and cheap) I'd go for 4S power. There are then a selection of nominal 35mm diameter motors that should fit and will drive around 12 to 13 inch diameter props. A good 80 amp switch mode ESC will allow you to fine tune or upgrade to further power if you want it.

Power in the 700-800 watts area will give you bundles of fun if you can fly competently but are not experienced with these sorts of models. I assume you are not otherwise you would not be asking.

An extra thought is to buy good quality but not necessarily super expensive servos.
David Hipperson is offline Find More Posts by David Hipperson