HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2014, 04:17 AM
JorgeSevilla
Spain, AL, Sevilla
Joined May 2010
29 Posts
Hi Sidney . We are trying tu use A2 with the photogrametry tool of GS. But it seems that the GPservo action doesnīt work with A2. Do you know something about that?
Thanks,
Jorge
malfario is offline Find More Posts by malfario
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2014, 03:14 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
If I'm using the A2 as my receiver for my Futaba T8fg, how do I do throttle calibration on Maytech Opto 40A ESCs?
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Jan 06, 2014, 11:23 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfario View Post
Hi Sidney . We are trying tu use A2 with the photogrametry tool of GS. But it seems that the GPservo action doesnīt work with A2. Do you know something about that?
Thanks,
Jorge
I have not tried GS servo action; I will find out.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2014, 01:15 AM
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
If I'm using the A2 as my receiver for my Futaba T8fg, how do I do throttle calibration on Maytech Opto 40A ESCs?
I think I figured it out.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 04:41 PM
JorgeSevilla
Spain, AL, Sevilla
Joined May 2010
29 Posts
Hello guys!!
Today I had a awfull surprise when I discovered that with A2 you dont have the posibility to view the data inside the OSD with data viewer.
And I found a virus in OSD!!!
Too many reasons to find an alternative for profesional uses.
malfario is offline Find More Posts by malfario
Old Jan 15, 2014, 02:30 AM
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfario View Post
Hello guys!!
Today I had a awfull surprise when I discovered that with A2 you dont have the posibility to view the data inside the OSD with data viewer.
And I found a virus in OSD!!!
Too many reasons to find an alternative for profesional uses.
You need to elaborate on this if you are going to say something like you found a Virus!!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 02:32 AM
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triise View Post
No it's not. It says "After the home point is recorded successfully and the distance from aircraft is less than 8m,
LED indicator will blink 6 violet continually
"

It says 6, not 5...
The first Violet blink means you are in GPS mode, if its followed up by the 5-6 rapid violet blinks it means you are within 8m or 24ft of the recorded home point. When you fly outside of that it should just have 1 violet blink if your in GPS.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 07:41 PM
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
My hexacopter has the DJI A2 Flight controller with GPS and Mark II OSD (waypoints too) and in the first fligths it does spin around a little, can be a problem with the A2 ? It has a Tiger Motors MT3506 + SimonK 20A ESCīs and uses two 4c lipo bateries 6.0a , total can lift about 9 kg with camera and gimbal.
Bernardo Alves is offline Find More Posts by Bernardo Alves
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:16 AM
Smashing Planes since 1982
United States, CA, Kings Beach
Joined Aug 2007
256 Posts
Hi Bernardo, Have you completed both calibrations away from any sort of interference source like electrical or metal? What is your frame configuration and power distribution? Is the rotation happening when you are throttling the copter a bit or does it always rotate even when just at hover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardo Alves View Post
My hexacopter has the DJI A2 Flight controller with GPS and Mark II OSD (waypoints too) and in the first fligths it does spin around a little, can be a problem with the A2 ? It has a Tiger Motors MT3506 + SimonK 20A ESCīs and uses two 4c lipo bateries 6.0a , total can lift about 9 kg with camera and gimbal.
Tahoe Jmfc is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Jmfc
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:11 AM
Joined Jul 2011
670 Posts
DJI - A2 V2.1 Firmware Upgrade Tutorial Video

DJI - A2 V2.1 Firmware Upgrade (2 min 1 sec)

For more information, please click here.
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:03 AM
Joined Feb 2014
122 Posts
DJI A2 Multi-Rotor Flight Control System

Hi just gotten the A2 controller. When I set the A2 to accept an external receiver stream, does the built-in 2.4 output ceases?

If not, is there a way to stop it from transmitting? Also, if I would like to remove the antennas I can open the MCU and plug them out right?
scoopdreams is offline Find More Posts by scoopdreams
Last edited by scoopdreams; Mar 08, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 11:55 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
The internal 2.4gHz system is a receiver not a transceiver. If it is not bound to your Tx then there is no issue. I would not open your FC as you can void your warranty. I am using my A2 with the Lightbridge and I have done nothing with the A2 receiver.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 08, 2014, 07:45 PM
Joined Feb 2014
122 Posts
DJI A2 Multi-Rotor Flight Control System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
The internal 2.4gHz system is a receiver not a transceiver. If it is not bound to your Tx then there is no issue. I would not open your FC as you can void your warranty. I am using my A2 with the Lightbridge and I have done nothing with the A2 receiver.

Ah okay thanks Ed, forgot it does not have telemetry on-board, will just leave it alone then.

Any idea on the control range you can get with the A2? I was getting about 1.8 - 2km with Futaba last time, and needed longer that's why switch to UHF. I'm not holding my breath, but any chance of it reaching 3km with a T14SG?
Last edited by scoopdreams; Mar 08, 2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 04:47 AM
Joined Feb 2014
122 Posts
Another question - EZUHF is capable of outputting a 16ch PPM stream, and the A2 is only capable of recognizing the first 8 of those PPM streams. Is there a way to get it to recognize more PPM channels after the first 8, through a single PPM cable to X2?
Old Mar 09, 2014, 08:04 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Wait for the Lightbridge. That will give you 16 channels on DBus. With the optional antenna they say that it will give you 3km range. We are already seeing 1.6-1.9km on the preproduction units. The bonus is that you have have a full HD video downlink that can connect to a monitor or your Android device.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800