SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Apr 2012
537 Posts
Discussion
Like Squeezing The Trigger On A 1911A1 Target Pistol,

I've always tried to build in the perfect line pull weight in my planes. To get the same pull weight at 90 degrees that you get in level flight is the trick. If you have a plane that pulls harder in level flight than at 90 degrees, how would you trim it to attain perfect pull weight balance?
tigreflyer is offline Find More Posts by tigreflyer
Last edited by tigreflyer; Dec 01, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Leadouts go forwards a tad.
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:56 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,082 Posts
Effectively you can't because (for a stunter at least) they develop around 3g in level flight from centrifugal force (let's not argue about centripetal ) but overhead gravity counteracts by 1G (naturally) leaving 2G for line tension. Any other line tension comes from aerodynamics/trim/engine offset/whatever.
downunder is online now Find More Posts by downunder
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Jan 2008
1,202 Posts
Yes, move the leadouts forward. Do it a little at a time, like 1/8 inch. You can get it to where the pull feels similar level and in the overhead 8s, for example.
Jim Thomerson is online now Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
537 Posts
Running your engine a bit rich allows more lean out at 90 degrees resulting in a power and llifting increase. And, Eric Rule told me one of his propellers would pull the lines better above 45 degrees than the Zinger 10/6 I was using on my Brodak P40/OS Max .35 Stunt plane. He was right.
tigreflyer is offline Find More Posts by tigreflyer
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Effectively you can't because (for a stunter at least) they develop around 3g in level flight from centrifugal force (let's not argue about centripetal ) but overhead gravity counteracts by 1G (naturally) leaving 2G for line tension. Any other line tension comes from aerodynamics/trim/engine offset/whatever.
But...
Move the leadouts ahead and the outward yaw angle is decreased- so the speed goes up a bit- you get slightly less tension in level flight, but the extra speed helps in the climb and overhead areas to gain more tension when it is needed there.
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX