Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:51 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
isn't it funny how as we progress we start call 57" size planes "little guy"
LOL! Very true. I remember when I first got my 51" Slick I thought it was HUGE. And then when I got the 57" Extra it seemed kinda big but not huge and now it just seems kinda small.

My 48" Edge feels like a micro now!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:54 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,147 Posts
and yet when you go on Evilbay and somebody has a plane that has a 48" wingspan, and they think that is huge!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
42" slick is now called, "baby slick"
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:06 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
My 51 is my baby slick
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:10 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Got to sneak out and have a little fun with my 57" tonight after dinner before the sun went down. I think this is now my favorite plane. Even beating out my 51" Slick.

I'll take Vid #2 !
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:12 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
I'll take Vid #2 !
Thanks. I felt like I flew better on that flight. BUT... flight one had a sick KE spin and lower rollers.

I wish I had a camera two weekends ago... I was in a zone with my rollers.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:19 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
My 51 is my baby slick
my 42" won't die, so it is still my baby slick, but it is on it's 9th life
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:22 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
my 42" won't die, so it is still my baby slick, but it is on it's 9th life
haha lovin it!!!!
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:25 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
I was having fun Sunday afternoon at Cale10's club field. Was nailing KE spins and started playing with throttle. Tumble into it, get on the throttle and get it perpendicular to the ground, nice and straight, then back off throttle some and it will fall like a rock! Still doing a KE Spin but free-falling more. Was cool to see but not much time before you need to bail. Ground was coming up fast that way. Just kicked it into an Inverted Flat spin and flew out inverted.

It is still my most Rockin Plane! Last flight, went into an outside KE turn, real wide out over the field, came in full throttle and pushed to inverted in close, my side of centerline of the field, right into a punishing PopTop! Man I thought if there was ever a time for the battery to come right out of the canopy and hit me, that was it! Was looking right inside it on the entrance. Lots of negative G's at that instance. Tumbled/Spun around about 4 times, add a little power and flew it out and away. You could hear the wind whooshing when it was flipping. Was cool but a little scary... Since I didn't hear any Crack!, it was good.

I'm going to replace the dual Batt Straps just to be safe, in case I do that again soon. Just not as grippy as before.
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:30 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
I was having fun Sunday afternoon at Cale10's club field. Was nailing KE spins and started playing with throttle. Tumble into it, get on the throttle and get it perpendicular to the ground, nice and straight, then back off throttle some and it will fall like a rock! Still doing a KE Spin but free-falling more. Was cool to see but not much time before you need to bail. Ground was coming up fast that way. Just kicked it into an Inverted Flat spin and flew out inverted.

It is still my most Rockin Plane! Last flight, went into an outside KE turn, real wide out over the field, came in full throttle and pushed to inverted in close, my side of centerline of the field, right into a punishing PopTop! Man I thought if there was ever a time for the battery to come right out of the canopy and hit me, that was it! Was looking right inside it on the entrance. Lots of negative G's at that instance. Tumbled/Spun around about 4 times, add a little power and flew it out and away. You could hear the wind whooshing when it was flipping. Was cool but a little scary... Since I didn't hear any Crack!, it was good.

I'm going to replace the dual Batt Straps just to be safe, in case I do that again soon. Just not as grippy as before.
This plane is just bad AZZ!! Love it!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:31 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
looks like I gotta get mine built
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:35 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
looks like I gotta get mine built
Indeed! I was just sort-of ho hum about this plane at first but then something clicked and now I can't get enough of it.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Indeed! I was just sort-of ho hum about this plane at first but then something clicked and now I can't get enough of it.
that happens, I was the same way with the 60" ef extra, did really like it, I was about to sell it, but now it is one of my favorites. The 51" slick is still my all time favorite so I'm interested to see what happens when I get this 57" in the air. I also have a 71 slick coming, but that is going to take the back burner for now as I have no equipment for it
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
that happens, I was the same way with the 60" ef extra, did really like it, I was about to sell it, but now it is one of my favorites. The 51" slick is still my all time favorite so I'm interested to see what happens when I get this 57" in the air. I also have a 71 slick coming, but that is going to take the back burner for now as I have no equipment for it
I'm in a similar boat. I've got a 70" Slick coming. I'll have all my gear for it arriving by the end of the day on Thursday. So I expect to have it up in the air in a week or so.

I'm very curious to see how I like it compared to my 57" Extra. I love my 51" Slick but I've found more enjoyment with my 57" Extra lately. I hardly ever fly my 42" Slick or my 48" Edge anymore and my 48" EPP Yak is just plain boring these days.

I'll never get rid of the 48" Edge or the 51" Slick but I may sell off the 48" EPP Yak eventually.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
so you just bought the 70" airframe?, what is your exact set-up going to be on the 70" slick?