Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:12 PM
The destroyer of blades
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
H911 help! upgrades and setting trim

I need some help - i am very new the Heli world

i have some basic back ground in Nitro planes and cars from my past ventures but need some guidance on my new passion

here are the following questions i have

- Is the H911 the same as the v911 but with slight differences?
- Is the landing struts replaceable and can they be upgraded? (came out of the box with bend landing struts and its affecting take off) if so --- can the Xtreme Landing Skid w/ Battery Mount (for Solo Pro) part be used with out to much modification to the heli?
-is there any tips and tricks to taming this bird? if so can you post the links to any forum topics in this thread so i can find them
New buzzer Bane is offline Find More Posts by New buzzer Bane
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2014, 08:30 PM
United States, MD, Havre De Grace
Joined Dec 2009
450 Posts
The h911 has a slightly different swash that seems more aggressive. The struts should not affect your takeoff, even bent. Make sure you put it on a level surface immediately after you put the battery in. The red cockpit light will blink fast. Power up the TX next. The light will blink slow then steady once it binds. This gives the gyro its base point. Get it up in the air a good bit to break away from the ground effects and it should come under control. Make sure your balance bar moves freely. If too tight, or sticky, loosen the screw a little. Ensure you are in low mode on the TX. It won't be as jumpy/aggressive. Make sure all your link arms are properly seated on the balls. Once at a tail in hover see where it wants to drift and set your trims. Landing skids are cheap as are the rest of the parts. I would just enjoy it stock for a while. The solo pro has some interchangeable parts and you can check them out on oter threads here. The best mod imho is replacing the main gear to the delrin one from the align solo pro 100. Almost every stock main gear wobbles to some extent but it doesn't seem to affect flight that much. The delrin is a bit more quiet and its hub is like a downward fan and helps the lift a little. The new v911 "pro" has a beefed up skid if it bothers you but I don't think it fits either the v911 or h911. Since the battery compartment is part of the skid frame I doubt the solo pro would work as it takes a different lipo. Lastly, it only takes a small amount of stick input once your in the air. Smooth small inputs or you'll be trying to overcompensate, essentially the same as a dog chasing his own tail. I like the h911 over the v911. If you can afford it buy a second one and more batteries. You can alternate them that way and your motors get a chance to cool off and will last much longer. Oh, sometimes one of the balance bar weights will fly out after a crash and then it wont fly right. A small amount of CA on each one is what I do. If you want you can move the linkage arms to the inside holes at the servos and it will make the bird more docile. Hope this helps.
gamjamm is offline Find More Posts by gamjamm
Last edited by gamjamm; Nov 30, 2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: More tips
Old Dec 01, 2014, 11:17 AM
The destroyer of blades
Joined Nov 2014
8 Posts
Its does - i found the V911 thread

Im already looking into replacing the Main Gear - also found that my Bent landing gear was in fact two small tabs i over looked (thus making the heli lean and making me think the landing gear is bent)

I might be getting another v911 on its own before the month is out - i like the H911 but i also want to give the v911 a try and play around with upgrades

on a more postive note - i got it trimmed last night and now im starting my training
Old Dec 02, 2014, 03:45 AM
Joined Dec 2009
450 Posts
Sounds good. Don't know for sure but I think the two small tabs are to help the heli from sliding left on takeoff. All the 911 versions I've encountered seem to need right stick input to counter this. The lean from the tabs may also help trick the gyro to compensate. Come to think about it, all my flybar helis seem to need some degree of right stick on takeoff. A little forward pitch and right aileron combo until its up far enough. Happy flying and good luck.
Old Dec 02, 2014, 09:59 AM
Joined Jun 2013
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjamm View Post
Sounds good. Don't know for sure but I think the two small tabs are to help the heli from sliding left on takeoff. All the 911 versions I've encountered seem to need right stick input to counter this. The lean from the tabs may also help trick the gyro to compensate. Come to think about it, all my flybar helis seem to need some degree of right stick on takeoff. A little forward pitch and right aileron combo until its up far enough. Happy flying and good luck.
The tabs are there as the heli will "lean" due to the tail rotor. I never found the tabs of much use and cut them of my v911.

Yes pretty much most single rotor helis need some amount of cyclic control to counter drift on takeoff.
bazsound is offline Find More Posts by bazsound
Old Dec 03, 2014, 12:25 PM
The destroyer of blades
Joined Nov 2014
8 Posts
Im keeping it as is - im hoping for a calm day in the next 72 hours so i can do some out door (full blast)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2009
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by New buzzer Bane View Post
Im keeping it as is - im hoping for a calm day in the next 72 hours so i can do some out door (full blast)
How'd it go ? They can be pretty fast little buggers for what they are. Happy New Years All