SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 13, 2015, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by King of Plane
Micro collector :+)
Joined May 2008
935 Posts
Finally finished today but I think it is too heavy to fly properly @ 6.96 oz. So it hangs
King of Plane is offline Find More Posts by King of Plane
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by Murman
Someone get me a ladder!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Plane View Post
Finally finished today but I think it is too heavy to fly properly @ 6.96 oz....
So just fly it fast!!
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by Murman
Someone get me a ladder!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,392 Posts
Quote:
Finally finished today but I think it is too heavy to fly properly @ 6.96 oz....
So just fly it fast!! I flew mine with 2 800mAh 2s packs in series for a 4s setup. I didn't weigh it, but I'm sure it was more than 7oz.
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
Old Aug 14, 2015, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by Tram
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifoguy View Post
I've successfully used hot glue on the shrink wrap. It sticks so well that when I try to remove it the shrink wrap tears.

Not that it helps now, but it may in the future, if you want to remove hot glue from anything non-porous, just get a little rubbing alcohol under it and it'll pop right off.
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow.. 3 years..
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:21 AM
Joined May 2008
935 Posts
Here are a few more pics of my Adrenaline Sled.
Inevitably the carbon tube inside of the original tube fuselage (for extra rigidity) added weight. The outrunner motor and stick mount added some. The battery itself, as well as the mount to keep it steady added some more. Oh, I'm sure hot glue isn't light as feathers LOL

Can you give me a suggestion for CG and aileron/elevator maximum deflections?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by ifoguy
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
Not that it helps now, but it may in the future, if you want to remove hot glue from anything non-porous, just get a little rubbing alcohol under it and it'll pop right off.
I didn't know that alcohol dissolved hot glue. Thanks for the tip!
ifoguy is offline Find More Posts by ifoguy
Old Aug 14, 2015, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by Tram
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifoguy View Post
I didn't know that alcohol dissolved hot glue. Thanks for the tip!

It won't dissolve but it does make it let go.
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow.. 3 years..
Old Aug 15, 2015, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by skydvejam
Once you taste flight...
United States, ME, Garland
Joined Dec 2011
2,799 Posts
Quote:
Finally finished today but I think it is too heavy to fly properly @ 6.96 oz. So it hangs
I have to agree, have you flown any pylon types of planes yet? Let me tell you when you look at the plane and feel the weight at first you think no way, but as long as you do not stall out they fly fine. Remember this almost all wing, it will fly if you push it fast enough . I suggest you keep it at least 5 mistakes high when you test the stall, takes some umph with these planes at times to get it back on the wing.
Oh an ensure you are very comfortable with orientation, and do not put her anywhere near the sun on the first flight, your going to be shaking and smiling when you open her up.
I have learned a lot about building flying pylon racing types of planes. All the little weak spots show up real quick at 100+
Had one that was wonderful, sounded great and was stupid fast the first 4 laps, then the wing brace broke at 122 by the radar trap as she spun in. Sort of sucked that she wrecked, but it was the coolest thing to see, flames from the battery when she hit the ground and everything .
You will loose planes in this hobby, with racers though you typically loose everything in a crash unlike most of the other disciplines of this hobby. Funny thing is my wife would rather me total a racer, than have all of the parts from the donks with the other planes.
I also fly almost every day again, too easy with 16 acres and a large strip cut in it for yourself and no neighbors for a mile.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Aug 15, 2015, 02:01 PM
Joined May 2008
935 Posts
Wow sounds like a nice way to live and fly!!

I normally don't fly the ultra fast pylon types. I like scale aircraft and quick flying planes but generally don't go for the speeders.

It definitely has enough thrust to fly, gliding it might not do too well. I'm amazed at how much prop wash/wind the little 5" prop makes. Thanks for the tips.