Old Feb 03, 2015, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by red_storm
Joined Nov 2009
32 Posts
Discussion
Walkera Mini Cp vs Genius CP V2

Hi to everyone!

I am interested to buy one of these helis
Mini CP or Genius CP V2 with Devo 7 transmitter, i don't need more channels.

So, what is the big difference?
I saw that on the new helis(master cp, v450d01,...) has 6-axis gyro system. Which is not for 3D flights. You need to disable 6-axis gyro.
red_storm is offline Find More Posts by red_storm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2015, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,528 Posts
In Walkera's newer models, e.g. Genius Cp V2, Master CP, v120d02s, etc, the 6 axis programming is an integral function of the flight controller, you do not disable it manually.
The Mini CP has just the normal 3 axis fbl controller.
If you can manage the extra dollars, the Devo 10 is an all round better choice over the Devo 7. Many who have bought the Devo 7 have regretted it for a number of reasons.
If you research the two radios, you can make a potentially better choice for yourself.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 03, 2015, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by red_storm
Joined Nov 2009
32 Posts
So in 3D flight 6-axis automatically disabled. Ok.

What about helis?
red_storm is offline Find More Posts by red_storm
Old Feb 04, 2015, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,528 Posts
Quote:
What about helis?
Do you mean which would be the better choice between Mini CP and Genius v2?

If so, I can only say which one I prefer, which may be for different reasons that appeal to you, or others.
Each one has certain strengths and weaknesses compared to the other.
The GCP v2 would be my choice, as it has the 6 axis programming and the design layout makes for slightly easier service/repairs. The horizontal controller board and having servos located away from the main shaft gives better access.
But, one deficiency it has, is that the landing skid is part of the frame, whereas it's separate on the Mini CP.
There are a couple of ways it can be reinforced, see this page for lots of info on GCP (some applies to V1 model, which is what I have)...
http://benmlee.com/Genius.htm

By the way, the Super CP is a very popular alternative to Mini CP.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Last edited by mono; Feb 04, 2015 at 02:00 PM.