HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:18 AM
Joined Jan 2004
423 Posts
problem with RC18T + presentation

Hi

I'm kinda new here, so:
hello everybody. i'm 29, I live in france, and usually post on the "rc motorcycle section".
I have a RC18T, a Ducati thunder tiger, a radioshack Ricky, a Emaxx and some other "collector" stuff I don't use that much
When I'm not running my models, I ride a 400FZR-R on track, or a mountain bike on street/dirt.

here is my problem:
I went out with the RC18T (bought new on may 20th, second time out), and after a few minutes, I had a noise just like if there were a ship of gravel IN the gear.
it's the second time it happens. Do you guys have any tips to avoid that?
I also lost a dogbone, But I just saw on Asso website they made a special part for that.

btw, is the RC18T a real offroad truck, or are you only supposed to use it indoor, with a few jump ??

thanks
tom4
tom4 is offline Find More Posts by tom4
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:11 AM
太刀風
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2003
1,041 Posts
The RC 18T is off road, as long as you keep in mind it is a small vehicle. We have an off road track that we race nitro and electrice 1/10 and 1/8th scale on. We have a seperate track for the RC 18T and Losi Mini T's. That track is shorter and is made with a much finer and better groomed surface.
The noise you are hearing most likely is gravel in the gears. It is a problem that we have noticed in both mini off road trucks. Try gluing a small piece of lexan or stryene in front of the pinion gear, that will help to deflect the dirt away from gears.
Tachikaze is offline Find More Posts by Tachikaze
Old Jun 20, 2005, 02:19 PM
Joined Jan 2004
423 Posts
thanks for the tip, i'll try this

tom4
tom4 is offline Find More Posts by tom4
Old Jun 20, 2005, 04:25 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2004
79 Posts
I always ran my rc18t on the street, so I never really had a problem with the gear.
smitty413 is offline Find More Posts by smitty413
Old Jun 20, 2005, 11:13 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,324 Posts
It could also be the diffs slipping. THe RC18T is know for getting a little slop in the diffs after a few runs and needs some shims put in place.

This fix and other good fixes for the RC18T can be found here http://www.e-maxximumrc.com/html/rc18t.html
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2005, 07:32 PM
Reno Cannon, Nevada, United States
Joined Jul 2003
836 Posts
You definetely have one of the 2 problems mentioned above. The diff shim problem, or there's a rock/pebble jammed inbetween the spur and pinion. Associated makes these shims available FREE to anyone who ones and 18t and even includes the shipping! All you have to do is call them.

Someone sells a full cover system for the 18t on Ebay for around $5.00, that eliminates rocks/pebbles from getting in there anymore while offroading.
Capgun_Slim is offline Find More Posts by Capgun_Slim
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered User
United States, KS, Andale
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capgun_Slim View Post

Someone sells a full cover system for the 18t on Ebay for around $5.00, that eliminates rocks/pebbles from getting in there anymore while offroading.
Objection: I have an RC18T with every single type of cover available to my knowledge, and dirt STILL gets in it all the time!
Plexabit is offline Find More Posts by Plexabit
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,728 Posts
Way to dig a thread up from 7 years ago!
wparsons is online now Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Servo replacement

just BROKED the servo !!!!!
thinking to get replacement , so which servo to get .
I have a 9g digital servo that fit properly but the motor become hot within seconds so no use and one 9g power HD analog servo which is long and cant be fitted
so what to get and from where???
dhruvafreak is offline Find More Posts by dhruvafreak
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
I agree with wparsons, however it's not 7 years old anymore.

I'd suggest the Hitec Mighty Feather servo. The HS-65MG. Or the HB if you're on a budget.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
hs 65mg seems good but the thing is NOT all the servos fits in this car !
You sure this one will work?
dhruvafreak is offline Find More Posts by dhruvafreak
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
Yep, positive. you have to file a little of the servo mount to get it to fit, and get the Hitec servo saver, but you don't need to drill any holes/get a new mount. Hope this helps! Make sure you get the HS-65HB/MG, not the HS-56. I think the 56 fits too, it's just not as strong.