HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2002, 05:52 PM
louisiana
Joined Dec 2001
370 Posts
Rant
Buyers be ware

I ordered a plane from Northeast Sailplane Products the day after Christmas and I find out (01-04-02) they sent it today . Ten days later ! Do you think I'm going to order something else from them ?
d12bn is offline Find More Posts by d12bn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2002, 06:38 PM
DAve caNDI,& 5#'s of fury
Oscoda, MI :)
Joined Jan 2001
529 Posts
Here we go again
Dandi6065 is offline Find More Posts by Dandi6065
Old Jan 04, 2002, 07:02 PM
Joined Dec 2001
107 Posts
Don't you get a holiday break from work?

It's the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!

Give people a break once in a while...

Now, if it was in the middle of March or something...that'd be different.

~Matt Segal
segal3 is offline Find More Posts by segal3
Old Jan 04, 2002, 07:17 PM
Hervey Bay, Sunny Qld, Australia
Joined Jun 2001
1,744 Posts
It's the holidays season

The replies are right. It's in the middle of the Christmas season so WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. Whinge about it when IT'S NOT IN A HOLIDAY SEASON, OK.
Masterpiece is offline Find More Posts by Masterpiece
Old Jan 04, 2002, 07:27 PM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
I have ordered kits from 2 different vendors, One in early November (5th), One in Mid-November (approx 19th). The first vendor has been up front, and told me at the beginning it was out of stock. The second vendors web site said "in stock", when I ordered it. I have had great communications with the first vendor, while the second vendor has been hard to get to answer phones or emails. I have yet to receive the full orders from ethier vendor. I talked to the first vendor, and when they got a partial shipment thru customs, they over nighted it and thru in 2 micro servos (at thier cost). The second vendor eventually told me, the batch they got in had enough for people in front of me, and I would be in the next batch. The date for the "next batch" has slipped 3 times so far. I was just told "tommorow" they should have the next batch of kits by the second vendor. Additionally the second vendors web sites changed from "in stock" to "now shipping".
Bottom line, if the vendors selling me the product/kit is up front, I am willing to wait. This hobby is pretty specialized, and I doubt these guys are getting rich off us. I have been a "vendor" in another industry (network equipment), and the distributors, and manufactors will lie to you (the vendor selling to the customers) in a heartbeat. The general rule is "tell them what they want to hear". I don't think 10 days is unreasonable, but if they said "in stock" or "shipping" and they don't get to you, then they are sucombing to "tell them what they want to hear" syndrome.
In my case the first vendor, has got me as a longterm customer. In the second vendors case, I will see if the kit actually ships by Monday/Tuesday. If it does, I will proably go back to them for things they have exclusively only. If they don't ship by Tuesday,.... See YAA....!!!
jah is offline Find More Posts by jah
Old Jan 04, 2002, 07:56 PM
louisiana
Joined Dec 2001
370 Posts
Many businesses work through the holidays . Its my company's busiest time of the year . They told me in the mail one or two days . 3 or 4 would have been fine , 10 days , think what you want .
d12bn is offline Find More Posts by d12bn
Old Jan 04, 2002, 09:25 PM
Dangerous
LA
Joined Nov 2001
871 Posts
Hey d12bn, I ordered a mini ifo from Nesail Dec. 26 and it has yet to show up. I even called them to ask and they couldn't tell me if it shipped yet. They guy said he would have to have someone call me. I then emailed them to ask and never got a reply. This was 2 days ago. I thought they were a big outfit? It is sad that simple communication was what could have saved this customer.
Spaulding is offline Find More Posts by Spaulding
Old Jan 04, 2002, 09:27 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
On my (business) calendar it's only 5 days...
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Jan 04, 2002, 11:41 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,774 Posts
WHY IS THIS HERE?

I have no idea why this is here in Parkflyers, but it is off to consumer advocacy.

(Actually, I think that is fast shipping for Sal! )
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jan 05, 2002, 06:49 AM
Cincinnati, OH USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,947 Posts
I have to go along with Genebond here. This is FIVE business days. That's not lightning fast service, but neither IMO is it justfication for flaming a supplier on this forum.

For a mailorder hobby supplier, the week between Christmas and New Years is probably the first chance they've had to catch their breath in a month. You commented that this is your company's busiest time of the year. Does that mean that you NEVER take any time off?

Guys, suppliers are going to make mistakes. This includes both errors of omission and errors of commission. But if you ridicule them for trivial issues, do you really expect them to respond when they really do screw up?

Jim
Jim Ryan is offline Find More Posts by Jim Ryan
Old Jan 05, 2002, 07:39 AM
Western N.Y.
Joined Nov 2001
62 Posts
Don't you just hate it when the world doesn't jump when you snap your fingers ?
dogman is offline Find More Posts by dogman
Old Jan 05, 2002, 05:42 PM
Dangerous
LA
Joined Nov 2001
871 Posts
You all make great points and I agree with all of them. I did inside sales over the phone for a year and it was a difficult experience. Most of the time the customer was totally out of line and had no reason to be angry. Other times it was 100% my company's fault. Either way the customers who came back to me did so because I communicated everything that was happening with their order. It makes them feel empowered and taken care of. I am just amazed that I can talk to three people at Nesail and all three cannot tell me if my order shipped or what I ordered for that matter. The fact remains that there are several places I could have purchased through and all retailers know this. I decided to go with Nesail because they appeared to be a large reputable company. I won't badmouth them or get angry, I just won't use them again because my first experience was worse than I expected.
Spaulding is offline Find More Posts by Spaulding
Old Jan 05, 2002, 11:41 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,251 Posts
Spaulding

There are no large businesses in this hobby with the possible exception of Towers. NESP is a family business as are most in the hobby. Mr. Ryan can attest to that as could many others. New Creations is one of the most respected companies in E-flight. It is a small operation.

Given the margins these companies work with it is impossible to have a lot of overhead and employees are overhead.

However they could increase their prices by say 30% so they could afford more people or charge outrageous shipping and handling fees but we've been there on this forum already haven't we?
BillM is online now Find More Posts by BillM
Old Jan 06, 2002, 01:46 AM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,753 Posts
Quote:
On my (business) calendar it's only 5 days...
I gotta agree.....I also can see the frustration in not being able to get a straight answer, BUT
It's the Christmas season, probably the absolute BUSIEST season for this hobby. They've undoubtably been busting their rear to get things out BEFORE Christmas........don't they deserve a break?
Besides, it's on it's way........
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Old Jan 06, 2002, 09:32 AM
Barnhart, Mo
Joined Dec 2001
24 Posts
Some are better than others

I ordered a Flash 4 from Servocity on the 26th
of Dec. On the 28th I had it in my hands. Great
service, same day shipping!!!!
DumbThum is offline Find More Posts by DumbThum