HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2014, 10:54 AM
1 OM KAR, SATNAAM
GTA , Ontario
Joined May 2004
299 Posts
Rant
Hobby King service going down.

I have been noticing the hobby king service going down. I order stuff from RC Castle and within a week airmail has it on my door steps.
Hobbyking now ships with Malaysia AIR good GOD, wait for over a month now and still not here. NO lipo's in the parcel just regular hobby stuff.
HOBBYKING PLEASE LOOK AND STOP PISSING OFF THE GOOD CUSTOMERS.
satnaam:ce nsored::ce nsored::ce nsored::ce nsored::ce nsored::ma d:
1satnaam is online now Find More Posts by 1satnaam
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2014, 11:46 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
6,800 Posts
Yeah... if you don't pay the $35 fast shipping fee, you will wait for eons. I have waited over a month for some struts I purchased and paid the $7 shipping on and I expect to wait probably, 2 more weeks. No way to know when it will arrive, it's taken me six to eight weeks in the past to get things outside of the expensive shipping way. And no, it was not backordered.. this was due to delays getting the order "shipped" on in stock goods and then the transit time of slow boat, cheap service. It seems unless you EMS the product, sometimes the warehouse can be a little slow to get it moving and that complicates slow mail. I rarely buy from HK unless I can't get it elsewhere these days unless I can figure on getting something I need and consider everything to cost $35 more.... I normally will only order expedited EMS from HK. That's why I pay more from other sources, at the end of the day the cost washes out on most cases (with exception of course, I still order from HK about 3 or 4 times a year EMS). It's more about the expectation of knowing where my money has gone and not losing the product in the stream for nearly 2 months before getting it.

I have to admit though, when I do pay for EMS the service from HK is generally a lot better today than it was a few years ago. I do not buy Lipos from HK anymore though, I tend to stick to semi-local / regional vendors with some level of CS.
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2009
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1satnaam View Post
I have been noticing the hobby king service going down. I order stuff from RC Castle and within a week airmail has it on my door steps.
Hobbyking now ships with Malaysia AIR good GOD, wait for over a month now and still not here. NO lipo's in the parcel just regular hobby stuff.
HOBBYKING PLEASE LOOK AND STOP PISSING OFF THE GOOD CUSTOMERS.
satnaam:ce nsored::ce nsored::ce nsored::ce nsored::ce nsored::ma d:
Wrong forum sir...try over here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/hobbyking-441/

there is already a thread going regarding Malaysia post.
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Apr 04, 2014, 09:21 AM
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
81 Posts
To all concerned,

We are well aware of the shipping difficulties occurring. We've already stopped using FijiPost so that's a step in the right direction. We're aggressively seeking new and improved shipping so expect to see some positive changes in the near future.

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2014, 10:20 AM
Joined Mar 2013
52 Posts
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
To all concerned,

We are well aware of the shipping difficulties occurring. We've already stopped using FijiPost so that's a step in the right direction. We're aggressively seeking new and improved shipping so expect to see some positive changes in the near future.

HK CS NY
adanac is offline Find More Posts by adanac
Old Apr 04, 2014, 09:46 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
441 Posts
Ive been buying from HK for YEARS
I know to expect from 2 - 6weeks .
Its been like that off & on for YEARS

stop complaining, its just the way it is with HK
You want fast delivery from the other side of the world.... then dont choose the CHEAPEST POSTAGE OPTION.
Its really that simple.
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Apr 04, 2014, 11:34 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
461 Posts
I think the real issue is the inconsistency... You can choose the same shipping option with two different orders a week apart, one can get to you in 10 days, the other 6 weeks.. why so inconsistent?

Many products / services in our world are substandard but they survive because of the consistency- take a chain restaurant for example... Is their food typically good? maybe it's allright, but can you walk in the door to any of its sister restaurants and order the same thing and get it just like it was at the other place? yep! each time, the same experience is had.. consistency. It's not the best, but at least you know what to expect when you walk through the door.
ryane67 is online now Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:24 PM
Old newb
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
76 Posts
I ordered a speed control set up box on March 23rd from the US warehouse. I am 2 states away from the US warehouse as I understand it. I asked after 8 days of no status change meaning no check marks. I never got a reply or can see anything to check. The other day I got on line after 11 days and, although the online chat operator or bot sent a message to wait, after 12 minutes I just could not wait any longer. At that point all my order said was paid and no check marks. Now after 13 days it shows 3 check marks, what ever that means. I have other orders I am waiting on that showed 4 check marks very quickly from the international ware house. I requested 2 to 3 day shipping. Not 2 to 3 week. It still is not here from the US warehouse. It is not like there is a problem with shipments with in the US, typically speaking. Where the hell is it after 2 weeks?????

I have another order for some OSDs that I placed on March 8 which is not here from China. As soon as that hits a month, I will dispute.

Finally an item came in that I am on a waiting list I thought. I got no email. I just noticed they were back in stock. I just then completed that order the other day. So now I have another to watch.

I feel kind of stupid at this point for waiting for 3 packages that should only take about a week or two to get.

Other Chinese vendors can manage to get stuff to me in 10 days easy and almost every time, why not such a (apparently) huge operation has Hobby King??????

Sorry for preaching to the choir, but it is EXTREMELY bothersome that they can not perform better.
r39o is online now Find More Posts by r39o
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:54 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Sorry but i have to laugh at these comments moaning at HK for bad postal services,i'm not sure if some of these people know HK don't deliver the parcels them selves but get shipping/postal companies to do that.

So how is it HK's fault if a parcel turns up a few days late,is it not the postal companies fault or come to think of that yours for choosing the cheapest post option that you can.

My last order from HK came via Malaysia post and it only took 15 days i think it was and that was the standard signed for air mail,i don't find that to bad and i'm wondering if some of these people who like to moan about post times realise that their own customs can hold onto a parcel for a week or so to do spot checks and so on.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Apr 05, 2014, 06:15 PM
Old newb
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
76 Posts
In the US when you order from US to US there is no customs. My item that I ordered from the US warehouse on March 23 now magically a few hours after my above post shows 4 checks with a tracking number now. Great, right? That tracking numbers shows a package was delivered last October to a place in the middle of our state! Sorry Charlie, no cigar! Sigh......
r39o is online now Find More Posts by r39o