HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Jun 2010
11 Posts
Discussion
USA warehouse?

If HobbyKing has a USA warehouse, then why does my order of stuff from the USA warehouse say it is being shipped from Hong Kong? I did not order a plane because the shipping from China was so expensive. So I ordered a motor, speed control, Lipo batts, and some servos because they were in the USA warehouse. I would have expected a 3-4 day delivery. I recently ordered a soldering iron from Amazon for $4.99, free shipping from China and got it in 5 days!
jlalonde is offline Find More Posts by jlalonde
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Dunno...a soldering iron including delivery for $4.99? I'd be careful using it..just saying.

As for the US warehouse, yes, they have one. No, you do not buy from there and it ships from HK. In every instance of this I've seen here, it's the user who clicked on the wrong tab and ordered from the Hong Kong Warehouse. Keep in mind all orders are routed through HK's computer system, but US stuff ships from Washington State. Go into your account in the HK site, it will tell you where the stuff is coming from and what method of shipping you agreed to before you hit "pay".
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2013, 09:54 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
I notice now when I place an order from international it has a checkbox on the first page that says I acknowledge that the items I have ordered are not from my local warehouse. Be interested to see if it's the same for the USA folk now.

Interesting "lead" by the OP "If HobbyKing has a..........".

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 17, 2013, 09:58 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
LOLZ, I just tried to do a test order from international and did not check the "I understand that this order is NOT coming from my local warehouse" box. Won't let me proceed. Flags it in red as a required field.

What's the bet there will still be some that say they ordered thinking it was coming from the local warehouse now that they have put this in place.

Mark
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:51 AM
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Oh I wouldn't take that bet. Not only will there continue to be questions about the "truth" of a US warehouse, people will still swear that they bought from it, but it's sent from elsewhere. Meh.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:21 AM
United States, MI
Joined Sep 2011
3,663 Posts
I have to agree with porcia here. I like the feature as some of the older less tech savvy guys that I fly with ordered from hk and ordered from the international warehouse then complained when it wasn't there 2 days later lol
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:34 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,060 Posts
My last order was from the USA Warehouse and it took 'only' three weeks to arrive from China
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Is it possible to lose weight?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:13 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2 View Post
My last order was from the USA Warehouse and it took 'only' three weeks to arrive from China
LOLZ. I ordered a YEP 120 from Brazil and it is stuck in US Customs. Should be in Australia in about 5 years. My postie told me so.

Mark
Old Sep 20, 2013, 05:10 PM
Joined Jun 2010
11 Posts
Enroute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalonde View Post
If HobbyKing has a USA warehouse, then why does my order of stuff from the USA warehouse say it is being shipped from Hong Kong? I did not order a plane because the shipping from China was so expensive. So I ordered a motor, speed control, Lipo batts, and some servos because they were in the USA warehouse. I would have expected a 3-4 day delivery. I recently ordered a soldering iron from Amazon for $4.99, free shipping from China and got it in 5 days!
Checked on my order from the USA warehouse and it is on its way to JFK. I would think PDX would have been a better choice,( I am in Oregon) but maybe the freight goes the Polar route? If the USA warehouse is in Washinton maybe they meant Washington D.C.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 05:55 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,347 Posts
It's in WASHINGTON state!!!!!!!! Pickup is easy when you are in the neighbourhood.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:18 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,060 Posts
YOU have been there?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:43 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Are you saying it's NOT there? Many have indicated they picked their items up there, and when you order the form allows you to indicate pick-up in person.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2013, 01:34 AM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2 View Post
YOU have been there?
Yes....twice...all the way from Canada!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 24, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Jun 2010
11 Posts
Washington state

If the warehouse is in Washington state why do they send their freight to Jamaica,NY? Just sayin'.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 02:10 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,060 Posts
And it takes 3 weeks from NY to AZ????? Hummmmmmm
RCG Plus Member