HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:18 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,262 Posts
Sorry for your loss too. If I had video you'd say mine was worse... They are only "toys", right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
Trust me, I got you beat.

http://youtu.be/Ah1Wr3YUDOA
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:23 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
Many flights without any heat issues. The pipe was modified from a Grummania. Some metal foil tape was added in certain areas, as needed. No heat paint was used.
We usually add aluminum tape to the kits, mostly to protect against a hot start. Feels safer even though not needed
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:18 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
5,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
Sorry for your loss too. If I had video you'd say mine was worse... They are only "toys", right??
They are indeed "toys" and if we're going to play with them have to accept that they all come with an unpublished expiration date. This particular toy was (key word "was" )about 19 lbs. of fiberglass BVM F-80 with a 3 flight old EVF2 fan. Very little was salvageable even though it didn't look like it was moving that fast going down. (inertia X mass) Let's just say that in $$ lost I got you beat by quite a bit.
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My "Jet Set"
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:06 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,262 Posts
I admit you win the $$$ war on this one... You have a great out look on the hobby and I suspect life in general. Good on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
They are indeed "toys" and if we're going to play with them have to accept that they all come with an unpublished expiration date. This particular toy was (key word "was" )about 19 lbs. of fiberglass BVM F-80 with a 3 flight old EVF2 fan. Very little was salvageable even though it didn't look like it was moving that fast going down. (inertia X mass) Let's just say that in $$ lost I got you beat by quite a bit.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM
United States, CT, Southbury
Joined Aug 2011
336 Posts
Canopy

Gents,

I just finished my stinger assembly and had a question about the canopy hatch. The two magnets do not seem to lock it down that strongly...has anybody experienced the canopy flying off...and/or has anyone added additional magnets to secure it better.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Wes
RCflyerCT is offline Find More Posts by RCflyerCT
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,128 Posts
The stock magnets are fine on mine, never had the canopy budge.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined May 2007
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCflyerCT View Post
Gents,

I just finished my stinger assembly and had a question about the canopy hatch. The two magnets do not seem to lock it down that strongly...has anybody experienced the canopy flying off...and/or has anyone added additional magnets to secure it better.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Wes
remove some material from the sides of the canopy with a sanding block to allow "snap tight" fit.
airboss/oc is online now Find More Posts by airboss/oc