I think I am able to do that

Claus
clausxpf is offline Find More Posts by clausxpf
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:13 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
I've been struggling to get Plotcalc into Corel 5. I had it in Corel 3. This measures line length like elipses, etc. It makes for design a lot easier. I'm having problems finding a reliable site without viruses. I continue to work.

Dennis
Dmerino is offline Find More Posts by Dmerino
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:28 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
Hey, Nut.

I've been working on the nose section of the Fury. The intake area is 3.06" sq. The intake area of a 70 mm fan unit is 5.98" sq. Is the fan going to be starved for air? I could probably "cheat" a little without affecting the form. What do you think?

Dennis
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:46 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,825 Posts
you need a diameter of about 2.5". the fsa of most 70mm fans is about 4.5". when you do fan area, you dont count the spinner area. just make it a 2.5" diameter hole, and well be fine
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:27 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
Thanks, Nut. Will do.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
you need a diameter of about 2.5". the fsa of most 70mm fans is about 4.5". when you do fan area, you dont count the spinner area. just make it a 2.5" diameter hole, and well be fine
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:33 AM
Guernsey
Joined Jan 2002
1,293 Posts
My 16" micro FJ-1 had issues with a very sensitive elevator. However, these issues may have been caused by the smallness of the model?

Nevertheless, here's some recommendations based on my experiences.

1) Maiden with a well forward cg.
2) Arrange for a small elevator throw mechanically to preserve servo resolution.
3) Use a quality elevator servo.
4) Dial in some expo.
stegla is offline Find More Posts by stegla
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:41 AM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
Thanks for the input, stegla. Do you have any pics of your micro FJ-1?Love to see it.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegla View Post
My 16" micro FJ-1 had issues with a very sensitive elevator. However, these issues may have been caused by the smallness of the model?

Nevertheless, here's some recommendations based on my experiences.

1) Maiden with a well forward cg.
2) Arrange for a small elevator throw mechanically to preserve servo resolution.
3) Use a quality elevator servo.
4) Dial in some expo.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:57 AM
Guernsey
Joined Jan 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmerino View Post
Thanks for the input, stegla. Do you have any pics of your micro FJ-1?Love to see it.

Dennis
Dennis, I think that you are going to love your Fury................... here's a link to the micro.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1558321

Steve
stegla is offline Find More Posts by stegla
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:47 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
Beautiful job, Steve.

Thank you for sharing the videos. She is a beauty.

Peace,
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegla View Post
Dennis, I think that you are going to love your Fury................... here's a link to the micro.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1558321

Steve
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:35 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
Nut, I have been taking a break from finishing the Skynight and designing the Fury. I designed this and built it within the last couple of weeks. I hope to maiden her next week, weather permitting. Don't worry, I'm getting back on the Fury.

Peace,
Dennis
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:40 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,825 Posts
very cool d7!

i got the prints today, the size looks sweet! ill start hunting for the perfect power systems....
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:45 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
Sounds great, Nut.

I'm working on the final designs and hope to start making some prototype parts soon.

Dennis
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:04 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,825 Posts
ok, so i ordered some fan stuff, i think rather than 70mm im going to use 60mm 5 blade fans, ive had great luck with these, and they are super light, and put out about 32oz of thrust, so they will have plenty of pwoer, and decent flight times, plus they are lighter than a 70mm, and, we can use scale inlet/tail pipe sizes!

also, should i make a canopy plug?
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:52 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
That sounds great, Nut. I was a little concerned about the nose (Inlet) I'm starting on because to get the right diameter it may change the overall look. But, you solved this with the 60mm.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
ok, so i ordered some fan stuff, i think rather than 70mm im going to use 60mm 5 blade fans, ive had great luck with these, and they are super light, and put out about 32oz of thrust, so they will have plenty of pwoer, and decent flight times, plus they are lighter than a 70mm, and, we can use scale inlet/tail pipe sizes!

also, should i make a canopy plug?
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:24 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,459 Posts
Nut, this is the front piece of the nose re-worded for the 60mm fan unit. It has an area of 4.6". Where the 60 mm has an area of 4.38. More than enough air for the intake. Great move on your part.

Here are some pics of the mock-up of the nose. I will be starting the printing next.

Dennis