HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:27 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr View Post
Wow...I can't believe the conversation is focusing on the static display Corsair!!
It looks great, but I predict you'll want that wall space for more model shelves once you get back to collecting more planes.
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2013, 01:42 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,685 Posts
Patio

The patio was completed months ago but never uploaded the before and after photos. It turned out great and got rid of a column right in front of our back gate (see BEFORE pic).

We are very pleased with the patio installation. Perfect size too. They installed six lights and three fans. I also added two speakers at the last minute which have been an added bonus. Fall weather can't come soon enough!
yarsmythejr is offline Find More Posts by yarsmythejr
Last edited by yarsmythejr; Aug 22, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:28 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
773 Posts
The last photo is an ice chest correct? Pretty sure I saw those before somewhere.

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:32 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
The last photo is an ice chest correct?
Yep. Cheap little thing (price & quality). It's more for decoration...and where kids hide their toys.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 04:20 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
773 Posts
Oh ok. Yeah the one I'm thinking of isn't cheap at all. Looking nice though!

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Sep 18, 2013, 04:53 AM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,685 Posts
Update: 09/2013

It was like pulling teeth, but I finally got the carpenter out to the house to replace the damaged drawer slides. I asked him several times to tell me where he got them so I could replace them myself but he kept promising me he'd do it.

In the end, I wish I had just done it myself because all he did was complain the entire time. He even broke a new slide on his own (which pushed him over the edge). When I wasn't happy with the way one of the drawers was closing, he turned into Mr. Hyde. After it was all over, he took his money and left. I seriously doubt I'll be working with him again.

So...the drawers are finished!! Yea! I've already stuffed them full of balsa, plywood, and foam. Put them to use the other day when my son asked me to build a propeller driven push cart out of balsa. No problem.

My recent addition to the shop was a four (4) T8 fluorescent workshop light above the solder station & workbench. There was a large gap between the existing lights and it happens to be where I do most of my work. I installed a ceiling outlet, rewired power cables between the other two lights, and installed the new one. It took me a little longer than an electrician, but it looks good and works great. LOTS of light in there now.

I can report the workshop is "FULLY OPERATIONAL". There are a few more additions and clean-up tasks to be completed. Other than that, it's BUILDING TIME! I've already been fixing an old, broken canopy and building another Funder & Lightning. The boys have made a list of planes they want me to finish too. Looks like the shop will be in service for the next several months! No complaining here.

Items to complete:
  • Arrange boxes and hang a few more planes
  • Build custom shelves near back yard door
  • Eliminate old parts/junk
  • Organize cabinets
  • Clean up battery charging table
  • Finish building/painting dust collector
  • Hang more photos

-Lee