HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:33 PM
Brazil, DF, Brasilia
Joined Jan 2009
20 Posts
Build Log
Building Kadet Seniorita - Kit SIG

Hi there,
Iīm building a Kadet Seniorita from a kit. There will be some changes from original kit like:

1. Eletric powered;
2. Ailerons;
3. Wing attached with bolts;
4. Conventional landgear.

This is the building so far:

Thatīs it!
bono3d is offline Find More Posts by bono3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,189 Posts
That's a beautiful build. Where did you get those magnets? I'd be willing to bet they beat push pins.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:22 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,398 Posts
Now that is a well planned and supremely neatly executed build- my hat's off to you!

Always loved this bird- it was my very first model (sans ailerons) and flew well on a geared speed 600 can motor and Nicad cells.

I'd love to see yours finished!

Odd
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,706 Posts
Wizard, thanks for your comment. I have a 20 year old S'ita with an OS 20 which I love dearly. I also happen to have a geared 600 and am glad to know it will fly the old bird -- or a NEW one.

howell
gwinhh is online now Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:51 AM
Brazil, DF, Brasilia
Joined Jan 2009
20 Posts
dedStik,
This system is clean and more precise than pins. I got from Airfieldmodels.com.

Wizard,
Thanks! Everyone who flew this classisc bird has good memories to remember. Hope to get mines.

Gwinhh,
Are you sure about the topic you are writing on?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Dec 2002
2,291 Posts
Hey now,
Gotta love a Kadet, and the 'riga is my favorite version. Bought a kit many years ago and built a bunch of them from the plans set. Glow and 'leccies, stock and with ailerons both strip and barn door. Conventional trike gear and no gear at all. Powered them with everything from a Veco .19 to an O. S. .60 () and from ferrite 540 geared up to Axi 43xxx series even sloped one Candy drops, tow planes, trainer to club racers. A-yup gotta love a 'rita.
Good on you for building it too. Way too many ARFs around these days.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,706 Posts
Uh, yeah, Bono, I think so. Sig Seniorita, my old bird powered by OS 20, geared 600 power works, according to Wizard...This IS RC Groups. eh?

howell l
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:46 PM
Brazil, DF, Brasilia
Joined Jan 2009
20 Posts
Sorry gwinhh ...my bad.
I having a hard time to understand some terms because my language is not a native english. I just figure it out that S'ita and 'rita are all Seniorita...
I think 'leccies means eletrics, right?
I just donīt get what 'riga is...

Anyway, nice to see this lady brings nice memories.
Feel free to criticize and comment about the construction.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:24 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,475 Posts
Very cool, I just got a Seniorita kit from my LHS yesterday. I'll be going with a tail-dragger set up as well. I found it interesting that the kit includes parts that are die-cut, laser-cut, and print wood.

Will you build up the nose per the plans? I was thinking about buying the fiberglass cowling from the ARF Seniorita. It would seem reasonable that it would fit on the kit as well.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:27 PM
Brazil, DF, Brasilia
Joined Jan 2009
20 Posts
This kit have a impressive different types of wood. Itīs a nice experience to learn different ways to solve a structure problems, using different materials.

Yes, I planning to do the nose like the plans. The fiberglass cowl is more easy, but I think it will be more grateful to work in wood like a sculpture. This conversation remember me about another thing. I will do wheel pants as well using balsa in layers.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:02 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,157 Posts
bono3d,

Very nice build. Excellent joints in the tail feathers. I noticed a couple of interesting build jigs too.

One suggestion. I would add a ventilation hole in the firewall.

BTW your English is very good. What is your first language?

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:23 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,966 Posts
looking nice! seniorita's are great basic trainers. short of getting a polyhedral glider, they're the easiest thing to fly, of all time.
that easily has three times the wattage a seniorita needs to fly. they ROG on 300w.

i didn't see in your build if you are going trail or trike build. make sure if you go tri that you use a full size standard servo. the nose gear takes a lot of abuse.
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,258 Posts
Very very nice! I'm just about finished doing the same thing. I took out half of the dihedral, put in ailerons and flaps and made it a taildragger. Unfortunately no where near the nice work as yours though. Think I'm putting an Eflite 46 in it, or maybe the 25, I have both laying around.
baldguy is online now Find More Posts by baldguy
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:21 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,398 Posts
baldguy

I'm with Toysrme- you don't specifically need absurd amounts of power for the Seniorita.

As mentioned earlier I started years ago with a puny geared speed 600 brushed motor and 10 heavy Nicads, which was good for only about 50W/lb, and the 'Rita had adequate trainer level performance on that setup.

I also had an AXI 2826/10 (very similar to the Eflite 25) on 3s lipo in the ARF version of this kit at one stage, and it really was way overpowered .

I'll go away now and stop hijacking this thread- sorry bono3d!

Odd
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:02 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,706 Posts
Very nice work, as others have said. Will you sheet the nose section, since you won't have vibration problems? You've probably already thought of this, but a SIG 4 star 40 makes a good aluminum landing gear.

howell