HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,872 Posts
As far as I know, the CP hardware is ready-to-go, and there haven't been any revisions for quite some time. The plan is that as soon as they get the software to where they want it, I will finally get a couple of test units, just ahead of the production shipping. The production boards will be released here, and in Israel, the same day. When that is exactly, I can't say. I'm hopeful that will be very soon.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Joined Dec 2010
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Yes, it will be nice to not have to make sure the balance is spot on, that's for sure.

In the meantime, we've been working on some new platform options, to go with the CP-equipped AG500 and AG1000 gimbals. Attached are a few shots of the new Osprey, which is now a bit bigger, using 4114 motors and 15x5.5" props, and also now folds up. To standardize within our platforms, and with also with others, such as the S800/S1000 and/or Tarot 810/960, our overhead support tubes are now spaced at 155mm. This means you can put a Zenmuse on an Osprey, or an AG500 or AG1000 on an S800. The wide spacing helps with isolation as well.

I will initially try this with my RX100-II, in order to get a baseline, but with the CP controller installed, I plan on moving up in weight, and will try it with my Sony a7 with a 35mm lens. That weighs about the same as a BMPCC and typical lens.

First flight should be tomorrow.

-- Gary
Gary that is one SEXY bird!!! I want I want I want!

Just picked up the AG500 from askman and I'm very impressed! It's a great looking piece and I'm sure it functions just as good as it looks. I'll be setting it up soon and stepping into another world of filming. VERY excited to get this thing rocking! Keep up the good work!

KFM
drumbum961 is online now Find More Posts by drumbum961