HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,080 Posts
How COOL is THAT?!

Nicely done... what camera is used there? extra gear? I cannot imagine the B3D taking on TOO much more weight...

Thanks for sharing this!

SC
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCadet View Post
How COOL is THAT?!

Nicely done... what camera is used there? extra gear? I cannot imagine the B3D taking on TOO much more weight...

Thanks for sharing this!

SC
+1 Good Work Sir

I too would like to know what FPV setup that is, I would quite like an FPV plane (or helicopter) of my own, and that looks like a great setup.

How does the camera rotate? My first thought was that it might be linked to the Rudder, but that was until the deadstraight flybys with the camera over to the side...

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:54 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
+1 Good Work Sir

I too would like to know what FPV setup that is, I would quite like an FPV plane (or helicopter) of my own, and that looks like a great setup.

How does the camera rotate? My first thought was that it might be linked to the Rudder, but that was until the deadstraight flybys with the camera over to the side...

Tony
Tony,

VRflyer is flying from the cockpit, using goggles w/head-tracker! Here's his thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740796

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:01 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Tony,

VRflyer is flying from the cockpit, using goggles w/head-tracker! Here's his thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740796

Joel
That was an amazing Video from VRFlyer ... sure shows the flex and pressure on the stringers and control rods going to the upper wing! Seems we are flying with a little bit of Flapperon on our upper wings at any good speed.

Just a seriously cool video! (He needs to put some mock IMAC patterns on that white clipboard in the cockpit and it would look absolutely real!

Marlin

OOPS ... just checked his blog and he HAS the mock IMAC patterns on there, just didn't show up too well in the video. WOW ... what a great job.
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:31 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I have finally had time to put my B3D through it's paces with the stock set-up. I have the 2300K motor and 5043 props, what performance differences will I notice after I install them?
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
I have finally had time to put my B3D through it's paces with the stock set-up. I have the 2300K motor and 5043 props, what performance differences will I notice after I install them?
Stronger, faster, quieter... as long as you have good batteries, not the E-flight cr@p.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:17 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Mini Aviation 210mah and Turnigy 260mah on the way...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:20 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Do I need a longer prop screw for the 2300k/5043... or skip the spinner back plate?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,304 Posts
Quote:
Do I need a longer prop screw for the 2300k/5043... or skip the spinner back plate?
You skip the spinner back plate.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:50 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
That was my guess... Thank you erkq
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
409 Posts
Quote:
I have found stock screw can work even with that combo--just enough threads

if you skip backplate--prop is pretty close to cowl--nicks likely.

I use the little black plastic washer from the sbach prop adpaters
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,448 Posts
THE BEAST IS BACK! Finished my re-winging and it's like having a brand new plane again. Thank you guys for all the advice.
Mike
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined May 2011
91 Posts
Considering getting one of these to throw around out front. Ill be using the 3 cell set up with batts in the 180 mah size.

My only confusion at this point is the connectors used on the beast. I know e flite has there own and its a three wire set up I believe ?

The batts I want to get are the normal type with a red and black and the balance plug....nano tech 180 3 cell 25c
chasingair is offline Find More Posts by chasingair
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, MO, Union
Joined Sep 2012
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingair View Post
Considering getting one of these to throw around out front. Ill be using the 3 cell set up with batts in the 180 mah size.

My only confusion at this point is the connectors used on the beast. I know e flite has there own and its a three wire set up I believe ?

The batts I want to get are the normal type with a red and black and the balance plug....
I believe you will need to change the connector in the plane to match your battery. I beleive it is 3 pin JST-PH Female in the plane. Depending on your battery you may want to change to a red 2 pin JST. Your 3S will likely have a 4 PIN JST-XH male balance plug and a 2 pin red JST. Of course this depends on what battery u get.
They make an adapter for this also, but i would do it with just changing the connector to save weight
jevs is offline Find More Posts by jevs
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined May 2011
91 Posts
thanks for the info. I think the nanos come with the 2 wire jst. Im use to using deans and I believe they make a micro version so that will be my route.

But back to the beast and the 3 wire going to the speed control. what do i do with the third wire if I'm using the deans micro ?

Can a plane with the AS3X system cause any issues when flying non AS3X ?
in other words can it induce bad flying habits when flying non AS3X bigger 3d planes ?
chasingair is offline Find More Posts by chasingair