HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined May 2010
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkmanz View Post
no, I was playing some random movie so there was video signal.. I'm thinking that there maybe some loose conection on breadboard.. That could be the problem..
I'm using the SimpleOSD board and have got it working with Controller = 1. Check that the pins of your board are the same as in this schematic:
http://www.flytron.com/pdf/SimpleOSD_OPEN.pdf
XDreamer is online now Find More Posts by XDreamer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
Latvia, Riga
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Reconnected all and no signal.. Something is wrong but I don't know what..

How critical is voltage? I have 4.46V out from my mega 5V socket.. well from datasheet it looks like 5-12V for LM1881.. maybe that's the problem..

Not working also with 5V to LM1881 but i get some white stripes on screen from 11 pin so it is finally showing something but totally out of sync..

These ar white stripes that run over the screen..

This is my setup.. simpler cann't be.. without any filters or sensor inputs or whatever.. only thing I changed in code was CONTROLER 1, I use PAL system..
walkmanz is offline Find More Posts by walkmanz
Last edited by walkmanz; Oct 11, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMB-NZ View Post
My latest project..

I had quite a few ATmega328 chips so decided to make a Arduino Compatible board for RC and other projects. It includes 8-channel servo driver, OSD components and 3.3V regulator for the GPS. The idea is it could do stability control or OSD, but not both unfortunately.

So far I've assembled a prototype and have the Arduino bootloader running. There are a few little bits to tidy up and I'll get a batch of pcbs made.

I was thinking of making it about 15mm longer and and adding a pattern for a Ublox GPS module with off-board antenna.; but haven't decided yet.

Paul
PMB-NZ thanks!
The problem had solved by changing another AV in source.
SUMPRO is offline Find More Posts by SUMPRO
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:00 AM
Latvia, Riga
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Ok I found that I didn't ground the LM1881 but when I did that nothing changed.. then I tried to power up LM1881 with 12V.. then I get just bumpy screen but no characters on screen just these messy white stripes..

Has anybody any idea? Help please...

I'm using Aurduino Mega board with Atmega1280 chip.. maybe pins for this chip is different?

OK.. I set up all with Pro mini and works like a charm.. So no mega board for this.. Well diming is too light.. how can I increase that?

I had to take out 100 ohm resistor to get good dimmimg, I put there potentiometer and found that best resistor value for me is about 20-50ohms..
Last edited by walkmanz; Oct 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:10 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Thanks for your work guys this is a great project.

I'm having an issue with my setup and I'm wondering if someone could clarify a question or two.

I'm building this on my UNO R3 with the Schema on Post 1
I have got everything on my breadboard and the sketch uploaded. However I only see my camera's output on my video not the overlay from the Arduino.

I have a feeling its going to be something I have done incorrect on the breadboard but I just want to confirm the following.

If I don't have a GPS connected to the circuit will there still be some output or will the Arduino try to initialize the GPS before it sends any output ?

Is there a small output script that I can use to test the output. I don't have my GPS yet but will get that soon I want to prove to myself I can output on my current equipment first.

Whats the best way to go back through this a trouble shoot, is there something I can output the serial to work out what I'm missing?
sarky1 is offline Find More Posts by sarky1
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
HOL
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Hi Sarky1
You don't need to connect any sensors to get output. Not even the GPS.
Will You be able to post a good picture of Your setup? Sometimes it's enough for some of the thread readers to spot the problem.
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Last edited by HOL; Oct 31, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:54 PM
Latvia, Riga
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Hi Sarky1,
I tried to set up it with arduino mega board and it showed me nothing on pins numbered as in schematics.. I supose pin addresses are different than pin numbers, as Dennis uses pin adresses in his script not numbers.. you can look in datasheets for arduino pro mini chip atmega328p and yours uno chip datasheet to match exact addreses and different pin numbers.. Sorry for my english but I hope I have understand it right from script.. when I changed the boards from mega to pro mini, it worked lika a charm..
Last edited by walkmanz; Nov 01, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:36 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Thanks Guys,

Slight progress, I have been able to get output, If i disconnect pin6 to the pot I see display on the screen but of course i can't sync it up because this is connected to the pot. Just going to test the pot and if no luck i will upload some pics.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:29 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Looks like the boobs at my electrical store sold me some pots that are not 50k.

I'm assuming that would be the problem, anyone else able to confirm that could be the cause.

I get no video when I put the pot on and I get almost perfect sync when the pot is not connected. but it needs a little tuning
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Jun 2010
560 Posts
Just put this one together on the breadboard. Problem is that i don't get anything on the screen well not really i get all the semi-transparent backgrounds but there is no text on it anyone got an idea whats wrong ?
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Problems with sync?

I purchased a fake arduino nano equivalent off of ebay for this project. I built the circuit that you have that uses the fast PWM and used the following components: R3 = 10k, diodes=4148, R1=220, R2=50, C1=0.1 uF, C2 = 15uF, R5=50k pot, R4=10k. In the code, I used analogWrite(9,219) to start the PWM.
Name: Capture1.png
Views: 110
Size: 292.6 KB
Description:
Name: Capture2.jpg
Views: 85
Size: 33.0 KB
Description:

When I have tried this circuit with my Xbox360 and with a Flip camera, I get this. Adjustment of the potentiometer allows two different scenarios. Either the bottom information gets cut off and half of the lines appear to be missing, or I get all of the lines including the bottom information, but the sync is terrible. Any suggestions on what might be happening?
gmi109 is offline Find More Posts by gmi109
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi109 View Post
I purchased a fake arduino nano equivalent off of ebay for this project. I built the circuit that you have that uses the fast PWM and used the following components: R3 = 10k, diodes=4148, R1=220, R2=50, C1=0.1 uF, C2 = 15uF, R5=50k pot, R4=10k. In the code, I used analogWrite(9,219) to start the PWM.
Attachment 5278633
Attachment 5278634

When I have tried this circuit with my Xbox360 and with a Flip camera, I get this. Adjustment of the potentiometer allows two different scenarios. Either the bottom information gets cut off and half of the lines appear to be missing, or I get all of the lines including the bottom information, but the sync is terrible. Any suggestions on what might be happening?
Nevermind, I got it figured out. The latest version of the code has a problem switching to NTSC, I got that fixed, and now it works.
gmi109 is offline Find More Posts by gmi109
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:01 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
558 Posts
Just a little off-topic - mainly cause msev wanted to see.
I tested a MAX7456 OSD-chip yesterday and designed a little PCB today.

~3 cm x 4.5 cm, and the GPS from flytron should match nicely on top

- and a quick software-version written yesterday
Quick OSD test (0 min 16 sec)
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Nov 04, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,516 Posts
That looks really Super good!!
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:15 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
That looks really Super good!!
Thanks
With all SMD-components it's possible to make it really nice and small.

The design have been done pretty quick (all circuit/PCB-design have been done today), so I might have to change a thing or two
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie