HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:00 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Set the throws per the build instructions, they are conservative. You can increase them later when you are comfortable and are ready for much more extreme roll rates etc. I wouldn't worry about doing dual rates if your throws are per the manual. Some positive expo is good too, depends on what your used to using if any? 30% is a good start but that's totally an individual's preference. Some fly with less, some with much more. I was using a bunch but have dialed back to about 20% on the planes I use any on. Most get none for me.
Thanks man! Will have a check of the manual when it arrives
Never had to use Expo before, but this being my first flying wing (SkyWalker X5 is still being built), I need to make sure it's not overly squirly

Need to figure out how to program 30% into my 9x now

Cheers for the help,
-Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:21 PM
One more flight...
USA, AL, Mobile
Joined Aug 2008
221 Posts
I built my popwing 2-3 months ago and didnt like it... I outgrew my techone mercury and now I LOVE IT this wing is so much fun especially for fpv

Popwing FPV (4 min 3 sec)
n00ber420 is offline Find More Posts by n00ber420
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:10 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,135 Posts
Anyone flying the 1200 Popwing ? What motor are you running on her ?
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:48 PM
Crew Chief
Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2009
89 Posts
I hate waiting for parts, waiting on motors for my 2 extra mini pop wings and waiting on all the gear for my pop wing. At least i still have a flyable mini pop at home.
terrasmak is offline Find More Posts by terrasmak
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:04 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
I hate waiting for parts, waiting on motors for my 2 extra mini pop wings and waiting on all the gear for my pop wing. At least i still have a flyable mini pop at home.
Order from Heads Up RC They ship out extremely fast. Good prices and shipping. Not affiliated with them, just a happy repeat customer.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:03 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,636 Posts
Quote:
Order from Heads Up RC They ship out extremely fast. Good prices and shipping. Not affiliated with them, just a happy repeat customer.
I agree! HeadsUpRc is my #1 place to shop online because of the superfast and CHEAP shipping!

(just another happy customer)
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:03 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,710 Posts
I did get a defective motor from HURC but it is no reflection on them, the motor firm was at fault.
Raften is online now Find More Posts by Raften
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:24 PM
Crew Chief
Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2009
89 Posts
Quote:
Thats who i ordered from , will have the parts, motors, batteries etc etc tomorrow.
terrasmak is offline Find More Posts by terrasmak
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:31 PM
One more flight...
USA, AL, Mobile
Joined Aug 2008
221 Posts
I just ordered a Zoom 400 from HURC and an assortment of props. should make my wing pretty nippy.

Hey check this other video i did yesterday. and the crash at about 3:00, super stability or epic win? :O

Popwing Tree Dodging! (5 min 54 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:54 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00ber420 View Post
I just ordered a Zoom 400 from HURC and an assortment of props. should make my wing pretty nippy.

Hey check this other video i did yesterday. and the crash at about 3:00, super stability or epic win? :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZ1_ZFGnrA
Nice video! Enjoyed it.

Would like to know what prop you settle on. Running the Zoom 400 on an Assassin Wing currently with a EMP 6X3E Tried the 6X4 but no change in speed and only noticed a bit less thrust on TO, switched back to the 6X3.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Last edited by whirlcap; Jan 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:59 AM
United States, FL, Mayo
Joined Jul 2012
144 Posts
I run the 6x3 on my zoom and I agree it is the best prop. Unlimited vert and plenty of thrust, still with good speed.
Schoolya is offline Find More Posts by Schoolya
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:49 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,058 Posts
I ordered an emax motor from headsup and they're a bit lower quality than the other motors they sell. The zoom400 for example is fantastic. However with the emax it started to sound funny and I spent another couple bucks for new bearings and it's been solid since. Just fyi.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:26 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00ber420 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZ1_ZFGnrA
Dude... Great video and fly'n! That tree grabber almost got him a plane! He'll still be wait'n for ya next time. Love that song, title and artist please? Would like to put it on my mp3 player. Thanks, Capt'n Ron
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:18 PM
One more flight...
USA, AL, Mobile
Joined Aug 2008
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Dude... Great video and fly'n! That tree grabber almost got him a plane! He'll still be wait'n for ya next time. Love that song, title and artist please? Would like to put it on my mp3 player. Thanks, Capt'n Ron
Hi thanks for the kind comments. the song is called Sail by the artist AWOL Nation. but this version is the dubstep version by a dj named unlimited gravity, i love it.

That bloody tree did nearly get me!!! I dont know how I didnt ditch it at that speed.

BTW if you ever need to know the name of a song download 'Shazam' on your phone and it will tell you straight away
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:22 PM
One more flight...
USA, AL, Mobile
Joined Aug 2008
221 Posts
Ok so my zoom 400 was waiting in my mailbox for me when I got home from work

Zoom 400 Popwing power test (1 min 19 sec)

I installed it and did a quick power test using an EMP 6x3... my eflite 30a esc got warm just doing this so I might need to step up or prop down. but as you can see looking at this I should have crazy vert performance.. cant wait for sunday!!!