HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
i made some lipo socks out of that thin packing foam that sometimes, ironically enough, lipos come wrapped in.

so far soo good.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=lipo+socks

p.s... the dinosaurs had a rough go during there extinction

gotta love Discovery
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:10 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Not well

Not sure what's going on. I hadn't flown it in a while and tried it out again the other day. It wasn't the same and I can't remember what I had fiddled with last

It was just really uncontrollable, I tried for a bit and gave up before it broke or before I broke it

I have a confession to make.....I joined the redcatrampageforums.com and have been spending much time over there. I don't plan to fly helis in the cold this year when I have a 5th scale gas 4WD Monster truck to drive around in the snow
I am waiting for the lakes to freeze so that i can get my bigger planes back in the sky; of course, they'll have floats or skis for the snow
Land vehicles are addictive eh?
Please get some vids...both pov and non pov
Seriously.
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:14 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
No need to "confess". We all evolve in a variety of directions regarding hobbies. I know a few "rock crawlers" that are every bit as serious and fantical about their hobby as we are. I know you can easily spend as much if not more on rock crawlers as we do on birds and planks.

With your Free Spirit, have you checked to make sure the tail rotor blade is firmly attached to the shaft? That is a major weak point with Nine Eagles. If that tail rotor blade starts to slip, you will get major control issues.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:24 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
No need to "confess". We all evolve in a variety of directions regarding hobbies. I know a few "rock crawlers" that are every bit as serious and fantical about their hobby as we are. I know you can easily spend as much if not more on rock crawlers as we do on birds and planks.

With your Free Spirit, have you checked to make sure the tail rotor blade is firmly attached to the shaft? That is a major weak point with Nine Eagles. If that tail rotor blade starts to slip, you will get major control issues.
I'll check it out, thanks
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
Well now I have really done it.

I'm getting a 450 sized CP with belt tail for a super great price.

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=6589

My heli experience is about to drastically change lol
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:29 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Well now I have really done it.

I'm getting a 450 sized CP with belt tail for a super great price.

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=6589

My heli experience is about to drastically change lol
Indeed it is, Ryan. Indeed it is. I know nothing about Esky products so I can't comment on that. I find it interesting that this bird is offered RTF. Double check all of your screws when you get yours. Blue loctite is GOOD. You might wnat to pick up a couple of spare lipos. You will definitely need training gear. Keep us very posted on this one.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:57 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
Its about time eh? lol

Quote:
Indeed it is, Ryan. Indeed it is. I know nothing about Esky products so I can't comment on that. I find it interesting that this bird is offered RTF. Double check all of your screws when you get yours. Blue loctite is GOOD. You might wnat to pick up a couple of spare lipos. You will definitely need training gear. Keep us very posted on this one.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:05 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Just be carefull of the idle up switch on the ESKY TX. Its easy to bump. If you bump it your heli will go straight up, and you will pull back hard on throttle and pile drive your new heli with inverted pitch and 80% throttle. On the older ESKY tx it was easy to open up and cut the wire to the switch. You can easy solder it back later if you think you can learn 3D. Might save you some money.

Mick

ps- You will love the ramp up sound of the Belt-CP
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:08 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
thanks for the tip.

this comment put a big grin on my face lol

"ps- You will love the ramp up sound of the Belt-CP "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Just be carefull of the idle up switch on the ESKY TX. Its easy to bump. If you bump it your heli will go straight up, and you will pull back hard on throttle and pile drive your new heli with inverted pitch and 80% throttle. On the older ESKY tx it was easy to open up and cut the wire to the switch. You can easy solder it back later if you think you can learn 3D. Might save you some money.

Mick

ps- You will love the ramp up sound of the Belt-CP
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:10 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
Oh No - Trouble arrived lol

Much to my surprise at the fast shipping, my new Esky CP X arrived today - she is big and beautiful

First couple flights I had her up, doing FFF, loops, flips, rolls, inverted flight, tick tocks, you know all that 3D stuff - this is of course after I stepped in a big pile of steaming bull s..t lol
Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:06 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
Hang on a minute. This couldn't be Ryan's 450. The canopy is in perfect shape. No cracks, holes or scotch tape on it. Nope, this isn't Ryan's machine.

Seriously, congratulation on your new bird. It looks like a heck of a machine. Happy flights.

Quote:
Much to my surprise at the fast shipping, my new Esky CP X arrived today - she is big and beautiful

First couple flights I had her up, doing FFF, loops, flips, rolls, inverted flight, tick tocks, you know all that 3D stuff - this is of course after I stepped in a big pile of steaming bull s..t lol
Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
John

thanks

the tape, ect on the other birds is because those are the beater fuses lol.

I have brand new parts/canopys for the helis in question.

Been too lazy to work on them lol

Quote:
Hang on a minute. This couldn't be Ryan's 450. The canopy is in perfect shape. No cracks, holes or scotch tape on it. Nope, this isn't Ryan's machine.

Seriously, congratulation on your new bird. It looks like a heck of a machine. Happy flights.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:31 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Looks sweet dude!! make vids
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:32 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
lol

maybe after i can at least hover it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Looks sweet dude!! make vids
Old Dec 04, 2010, 11:31 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
I love my new charger

I just got a PL 8 charger from FMA and it seriously rocks. I connected four 3S 2200 lipos to it for a 1C balanced charge. Everything was done in 45 minutes. No more blowing half a day charging four lipos for 1 hour of heli flight.

YES!