New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by Nihilistic
Joined Feb 2009
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtoy View Post
Well I think I got it a bit better , it flies allright ,..not as smooth as my 250 with cc3d ,..that thing is butter smooth ,..this is just kind of basher ,..but I dont think I can put a cam on it with these vibes ,..& it is made from the cheapest componants possible ,..the motors are exceptionally low quality lol
Upgrade your KK 2.1.5 FW to either Steveis 1.19 or the latest RC911 and see if that helps. Personally, I prefer Steveis 1.19 over RC911, though RC911 has some nice features that Stevei's lacks.

Lots of factors can influence how stable your quad flies, such as balancing the props, and balancing the motors and props together, installing the flight battery so that the center of gravity is spot on in the center. Make sure the quad is on a perfectly level surface before running the accelerometer calibration.

Have you crashed with the motors you're using now? Got a slightly bent motor shaft or a lot of play in the bearings?

It may also be that the KK board is simply not as good as the CC3D or Naze32 Acro...seems like the Naze32 Acro is favored by those who have both.
Nihilistic is offline Find More Posts by Nihilistic
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by dogtoy
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined May 2012
25 Posts
no crashes ,..they are just really cheap motors ,..a little play nothing really bad ,..I had balanced 2 blade props & tried the three blade as well , I am not familar with the kk board or how to change its firmware ,.but I have seen other run the stock 1.6 fine
dogtoy is offline Find More Posts by dogtoy
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by Nihilistic
Joined Feb 2009
299 Posts
Quote:
no crashes ,..they are just really cheap motors ,..a little play nothing really bad ,..I had balanced 2 blade props & tried the three blade as well , I am not familar with the kk board or how to change its firmware ,.but I have seen other run the stock 1.6 fine
I have the same frame as you also, and I flew with the 1.6 FW for a while. It flew ok, but I noticed improvement right away running Steveis FW with the stock settings.
The consensus in the Stevies thread seems to be that the 1.16 FW will bite you in the butt sooner or later, especially when transitioning between self-level mode to acro mode. Or if you manuever too aggressively and exceed the gyro setting.

I've played with the PI settings trying to get it perfect, and I still have a little wobble sometimes when flying FPV, but it looks nice and locked in while flying LOS.

Have you gone through the tuning guide and dialed in your P and I settings?
Nihilistic is offline Find More Posts by Nihilistic
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by elimsprint
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
596 Posts
Quote:
Just get a USBasp (less than $10 from fleabay, make sure you get the 6 pin adaptor http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USBASP-USBISP...3D201035834899) and use lazyzero's flashing tool http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool , it will take all of 5 minutes if you don't know what you are doing, 2 if you do You will be amazed at the difference.
elimsprint is offline Find More Posts by elimsprint